Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit - Positive - Betamethasone   Triple Crown

Started May-9 by SameSteve G; 15228 views.
Wintertrian

May-16

I thought the same thing, Pistol. But..... I think I saw a subsequent photo of his hind end with the saddlecloth on though, somewhere, don't remember where.  I have no doubt there is something going on with him.  (and Concert Tour as well......bleeder?)  This is what happens when you're 1st and 2nd stringers aren't viable and then you gotta use what you got left as you sort thru the ones left in your barn who can still race. this is why I like the small barns.  They don't have that luxury......there is no "go-to" horses waiting in the wings. 

Also, what doesn't make sense is that there is increased security at TC races, so IF Baffert's story about the butt cream was true, a track veterinarian would have had to sign off on that, they would have a list of stuff horse was on as a matter of record, and of course the track vet would have noticed the beta in there

I keep thinking back to that little dogandpony show Baffert gave with Justify, standing out on those pebbles in front of barn after KY Derby, all the eyes who saw horse was lame, and then all the apologists came rushing in......then after the Belmont so clear he was unsound and unable to run another race.  People do not want to believe things even if they see it with their own eyes, sort of like how the other half is when one spouse is cheating and they keep looking for zebras instead of horses which are so apparent. 

Wintertrian

May-16

DogsUp said...

No one can say Winter is wishy washy in tell it.

when you have to type words in little boxes and express an opinion, esp. if it is a strongly held opinion, it's impossible to tell the emotion since the person is not in front of you for body language.  In real life I am able to express my opinions passionately, but apparently I do so in a good-natured manner, at least that is the way people tell me I come off.  I am not filled with invective or anything like that. 

I once had to tell a dentist that his work was not acceptable. My friend who was with me when I delievered that sentiment to the dentist said  "Wow.  That is just about the nicest, most polite manner in which I ever heard anyone tell somebody off".  I asked him for a re-do or a refund.   He claimed there was nothing wrong so I took the money and went to his buddy/collegue, someone who is a long-time friend of his down the street who said "I can't believe Dr. B. let you walk out of his office like this."     

I just tell what I see, but I'm fully aware I don't own the truth anymore than anyone else does. 

In the dentist's case, some patients may not have a problem with a crown where the color is so off that it looks like you have a mini-fridge in your mouth when you smile.   :)   Some may call that *perceptual*.  I call it:  "I know bad workmanship when I see it."  

Msg 1718.130 deleted
Wintertrian

May-18

Oldbettowin said...

Anyone know when the second test is supposed to come back?

They could do a split sample fast. 

The problem is that Medina Spirit is going to be DQed from his win in the KY Derby.  They are taking longer than necessary probably so everyone can get their ducks in a row.  And so that Bob's lawyers and such get their ducks in a row, too.  

I find the whole TC racing season at this point to be quite depressing and somewhat aniety producing myself.  After the BEL I'm taking the summer off from racing.  I did 52 weeks of OP before all this and am pretty burnt out on racing even though I had a lot of fun. 

As much as I don't like Baffert I stiill find the idea of DQing a KY Derby winner a rather melancholy prospect.  

DogsUp

May-18

The fact that CD and NYRA now running at Belmont Park have distanced themselves/ruled Baffert off the course; owners, breeders removing their horses, and there is separate entity Triple Crown Production's reputation involvement all leveling sanctions is in anticipation of split sample findings again returning positive.

And that result will secondarily  injure their reputation. 

Add 2021 Derby second place connections waiting in demands for 1st place purse money restitution. And prestige and future breeding enhancements. Save a new DQ Derby winner...Nobody Wins.

The annual one shooter Derby Day player is going to question the point of driving to a brick and mortar then returning home or elswhere with ticket wondering that after watching The 2 Minutes that their colt/philly lost the race and that once it's officia all tickets are forever more final as paid for results. Iron clad.

But now, even the one shooter would come to realize there's a likely chance that it seems that every other year, every other year, the track paid Official winner ticket combos and they are or will likely be holding tickets for the Derby pools and in combo picks that funded their demise.

Yet....strangely it becomes on the 1st Saturday in May the only game in town.

And, now...really...I wonder...I why why why why Wonder (lyrics My Little Runaway) if the 2nd sample tests out the ointment ingredients are in the sample and Commission and Stewards et al ..Let it Ride.

• Edited May 18, 2021 8:47 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 132
TexSquared

Jun-2

Split sample also positive.  How soon before he's disqualified? Sounds to me the lawyers are going to hold this up in the courts.  1968 all over again.

Split Sample Confirms Medina Spirit Drug Positive - BloodHorse

Medina Spirit split sample confirmed for betamethasone (drf.com)

smartyslew

Jun-2

It's pretty sad when only 8 drug free 3 yr olds can be found for the grade 1 Belmont

Stakes, Remember the years when they would fight up to the last day to get entered

in the Belmont. Where are those ?

SameSteve G

Jun-2

I bet Beta Bob has more than 8 lawyers working on "mitigating circumstances" though.  :)

"On your mark, get set...litigate!"

smartyslew

Jun-2

Trump would have pardoned him already

SameSteve G

Jun-2

Bigly.  Yugely.  A beautiful pardon.  :)