Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit - Positive - Betamethasone   Triple Crown

Started 5/9/21 by SameSteve G; 22489 views.
ChiefsCrown

6/3/21

I believe his 2 year olds are being dispesed to different trainers. Pletcher is one who received one of Minute Bob's colts.

Maybe this is the wake-up call for the juice trainers that think they can scam the sport.

ChiefsCrown

6/3/21

Only four Baffert runners i liked, American Pharoah, Silver Charm, Point Given and Real Quiet. Point Given my favorite as was Gary Stevens. Then who knows, Baffert could have juiced these as well?

TexSquared

6/3/21

So if Kentucky were to suspend him, New Jersey would let him race? Amazing...

Suspended Kentucky Derby trainer Bob Baffert welcome at Monmouth Park (app.com)

Goes with your point about the HISA which would prevent this.

SameSteve G

6/3/21

Dennis Drazin is an elite BS artist.  All he's thinking about is Haskell handle.  

Then, he plays fast & loose with the truth.  It wasn't CDI that leaked the first bad test on Medina Spirit.  Baffert said that he publicized it himself in order to "get out in front of it".

Also, no problem for Drazin if somehow the KHRC works fast & Medina is DQ'd, then DD will welcome Jimmy Barnes (who does most of the work anyway) as trainer of record.

Gerh

6/3/21

I thought Maximum Security should have been DQed for interfering with King For a Day.Stewards didn’t even look at it.Of course then it turned out that he was one of Gary West’s attorneys 

SameSteve G

6/3/21

No conflict of interest, though.  LOL

Wintertrian

6/3/21

TexSquared said...

New Jersey would let him race? Amazing...

Suspended Kentucky Derby trainer Bob Baffert welcome at Monmouth Park (app.com)

Goes with your point about the HISA which would prevent this.

Here's a Monmouth race of recent note.  Winner is obviously LAME after the race, yet the jockey does not dismount.  He continues to sit on the horse on way to winner's circle, because the winner's circle photograph is more important to the connections (and obviously, to the track veterinarians and stewards as well).  Because let's face it, dismounting and getting the van to wheel your "winner" off the track isn't good optics (for the connections). 

But the rest of us have to watch an obviously lame horse, who with even the smallest wrong movement could be the difference between ability to be rehabilitated versus hopelessly injured for life, is hanging in the balance.  

Hollendorfer, Monmouth, Friday Race, May 28th..... West Side Girl:  (this made me sick)

https://twitter.com/envrv1/status/1398854573150834688

In reply toRe: msg 157
cubs.fan

6/3/21

The hypocrisy of Monmouth, change the whip to a pool noodle under the guise of safety and integrity, but invite the golden boy who finally got caught cheating with his pharmacological meat grinder approach to racing.

In reply toRe: msg 158
Wintertrian

6/8/21

So now,  Baffert is suing KHRC over the "source" of the Betamethasone detected in Medina Spirt's sample, despite that KY regs make no distinction regarding the source of a restricted medication. 

If it's there, it's there.   Other trainers have to follow the rules.   KHRC isn't CHRB.  Or at least, I hope not. 

Baffert needs a good Hollywood script writer to spin out better tales and excuses....the ones he comes up with are too preposterous.... he doesn't need more lawyers.  LOL

DogsUp

6/8/21

Mott went after due process in his case. Link below.

I do believe IF shown via lab test the substance was from ointment treatment; or now a mentioned to be available clear/negative urine sample the case can take a left turn.

The rub, no pun intended, is next year,for sure-no matter what, instead of the annual uno Derbettor focusing on the gala; the media will highlight the transgression causing public concern in that is it a fair shake for their ticket play..Yet

Handle at TCers was extremely good coming out of Covid.

As said, the last thing race tracks management, owners, trainers and breeders wanted was to address drugs in the big annual public's race. Akin to college basketball's March Madness  betting ladder..

And now a forecasted DQ pending on the table. Litigation overdrive on steroids. Pun intended.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/228378/mott-reaches-settlement-with-ny-in-medication-case

• Edited June 8, 2021 4:51 pm  by  DogsUp