Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit - Positive - Betamethasone   Triple Crown

Started 5/9/21 by SameSteve G; 21228 views.
PISTOL9

5/10/21

Betting stays as is..  My W & exacta bets on Mandaloun will still be worthless.  It is impossible to redo that.  Once declared official race day, they cannot change.  Even if you still have a W bet on MS, it will still be good.

Oldbettowin

5/10/21

Gotcha.  I could still see some litigation if someone got screwed out of a six figure super or something.

DogsUp

5/10/21

OB... All 50 states.

The most sure 100% thing in betting horses. Absolute. Final. 

When the Official sign lights up.

Payoffs are iron clad.

No changes. Ever.

Oldbettowin

5/10/21

Supreme Court here I come hahaha.  Not really but if I had life changing money on the line....

DogsUp

5/10/21

That's a great example.  

Even if a person is screwed out of life changing winnings... all official payouts......FINAL 

Wintertrian

5/10/21

SameSteve G said...

Lasix masks drugs - that's a given.

So do other drugs. Drugs that mask drugs. 

I think I would like to discuss it here, in more detail:

If you remember in the Navarro case, co-defendant Christopher Oakes offered to Navarro a PED created and designed to avoid PED testing.  A Zero chance you get caught.  Navarro's indictment included photographs of the substances allegedly procured and used by Navarro. 

Then we learn how Maximum Security was given SGF-1000 ahead of the Pegasus, and the intercepted call between Servis and the veterinarian,"They don't even have a test for it (SGF-1000) ... There's no test for it in America."  Vet went on to say the test might show a false positive for "dex" ----"dex" is a common shorthand among horsemen and vets for the corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory dexamethasone.

So how much difference is there between Dexamethasone and Betamethasone?    

Since Baffert denies EVER giving Medina Spirit Betamethasone, maybe he is telling the truth.   Because instead of giving betamethasone, the way the horse tested positive for it is because  ANOTHER PED was given ----- one that shows up as a false positive for Betamethasone.

So Baffert gets to tell the truth, while technically lying thru his teeth.  Because he may have actually administered a different PED, ones that shows up as a false positive for Betamethasone........and is most likely undetectable............and will never ever be found in any of the tests. 

This is where we're at with undetectibles now.  The chemists know and they are way ahead of the testing.    

Someone brought up a little of this elswhere so I went back and read the Navarro and Servis indictments, interviews, etc.  This just makes a lot of sense as to how it's done.  

DogsUp

5/10/21

Thanks.

The outcome was not the race track paying any restitution after a race is posted and bets are paid.

Further, in this case PETA and others involved could provide legal fire power and the defendant perhaps said pay or it will cost time and legal fees beyond the restitution.

Oldbettowin

5/11/21

The fact they’ve never been made to do it before isn’t really a very good argument for why they can’t do it.  I think it’ll be moot anyway though.

SameSteve G

5/11/21

One of the things I have learned from following horse racing for more than 50 years is that there is no limit to what some humans have done, are doing & will do to achieve their ends.

If anything, the tools have become sharper and more effective as technologies have evolved, especially in the realm of biochemistry.

Testing has not kept up with the chemists working for those owners/trainers/vets whose moral compasses perpetually point to the numbers in the bank accounts.

Testing is ultra sensitive in that it can pick up trillionths of a gram in a sample but if the substances in use are outside the parameters of the tests, no amount of sensitivity will pick them up.

No one, but no one, knows the extent to which the sport has been corrupted by cheats.