Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ron Flatter Racing Pod re: Baffert   Triple Crown

Started May-9 by princeofdoc; 842 views.
princeofdoc

May-9

Excellent interview.....a recording of Baffert's today, extended.....then Bruno, followed by Shireff

https://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/chtbl.com/track/5899E/traffic.megaphone.fm/HSW3867829587.mp3

DogsUp

May-9

Great share thanks.

Often heard Smarty mention Bruno. Very knowledgeable and can break it down to the layperson. He has an understanding of law; and racing law. And obviously all of racing facets.

One thing he said was he was piszed off that other trainers had called him. My conclusion I will not share. Let's just say that Dogs knows that when one has gone from stable boy to race track owner there are some non well-wishes. I've seen this first hand as well as the many times in public media. There is more human nature than animal in racing.

The colt was never treated by the outfit's vet for the drug to enduse a late illegal finding.

What is the real possibility that Baffert and team would wing it?

Yet. The media runs 24 hours a day and takes on the sport cliche:'Say it isn't so Bob."

Bob called for hair samples. DNA for the reanalysis.

The same type of lab equipment used to post race sample can also extrapolate a time line and severity. Mass Spectrometry lab machine.  The estimated weight of the horse pre and post race a factor in the mix. 

Who knows what level of competence operated the test. 

PhD in Analytical Chemistry or covid new hire non degreed. 

As for Churchill Downs; between the PR between first ever DQ and now this. I'm positive they are all in for a negative.

In reply toRe: msg 2
SameSteve G

May-10

DogsUp said:

As for Churchill Downs; between the PR between first ever DQ and now this. I'm positive they are all in for a negative.

Unfortunately, I agree.  Personally, I'd rather see Baffert & others popped hard for the stuff that they get away with regularly than 11 picograms overage of a legal med.

The question that remains for me is why Baffert, in the last calendar year, had 5 medication violations if he doesn't push the envelope in the same way that others who repeatedly test positive do?  Too big to fail while others who get popped serve days?  Roberto is like the Chase Bank of trainers or Exxon/Mobil...

SameSteve G

May-10

Baffert goes on FOX NEWS to defend himself against "cancel culture."   Lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HACuhd7pMYQ

SameSteve G

May-10

(((O))) (((O)))   Commodore 64 eye roll.  :)

The President of The Association Of Racing Commissioners weighs in on Baffert:

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/arcis-martin-issues-statement-on-baffert/

Wintertrian

May-10

SameSteve G said...

Baffert goes on FOX NEWS to defend himself against "cancel culture."

He is saying "we don't use that drug."   

This, after a month ago testifying he gave it to Gamine.  

If you don't want to be cancelled 1) get your story straight

smartyslew

May-10

I'm like that guy . What is Cancel Culture ?

SameSteve G

May-10

It means culture has been cancelled!  What else?   :)

RAESFAN

May-10

Some people don't like being held accountable. They want to keep doing the stuff they've always done. If what you do is okay, defend yourself! We'll see how things shake out.  Pendulums swing. It's just like political correctness. There were reasons for it, but then some went too far. Those that want things to remain as they were have developed the term cancel culture, in response to political correctness. We have to look at stuff on a case by case basis, and stop labeling.