Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Belmont Stakes    Triple Crown

Started May-12 by DogsUp; 10632 views.
DogsUp

May-12

1995 _ 2020 video results

https://youtu.be/9nBynojyU7g

2020 was 9 furlongs.

Mile and 1/2 ....12 furlongs

Potentials 

Promise Keeper

Overtook

1st & 3rd Peter Pan under Todd Pletcher 

• Edited May 12, 2021 2:00 pm  by  DogsUp
ChiefsCrown

May-13

You're leaving out Weyburn and Bourbonic. Both ran on a deep track, should fare well in the Belmont. If Medina and Concert do not do good in the Preakness i can't foresee them in NY.

DogsUp

May-13

Those 2 horses mentioned are for colts that of today are potential entries only.

I actual have Bourbonic in my contest here on the site. Anticipation he would be in  But the colt would need a D'Tara like win and fav in that Belmont Stakes had an extraordinary hoof problem...Big Brown going in with wins in the first 2 legs of the TC. Today I don't think the Belmont oval and the competition can play slow enough for the colt to make board headway. The betting tote board will tell mucho.

• Edited May 13, 2021 4:58 pm  by  DogsUp
smartyslew

May-13

Anybody Know DRF track variant for the Kentucky derby ?

DogsUp

May-13

Beyer Speed Figures appear exclusively in Daily Racing Form. Every performance by every horse in North America is ..
Smarty Speed # is pubished.
Track variant last Derby was 02.
Based on Authentic running a 2:00 + 3 for 10 furlongs. This brought the composite number down low.
And the speed of horses ran that day in longer dirt races are/were part of #.
2021 Derby estimate variant no greater than 09.
  • Edited May 13, 2021 7:18 pm  by  DogsUp
smartyslew

May-13

Thanks, I thought I messaged all Dogs,

DogsUp

May-13

Yes I took it as a shout out all.

The Derb variant is most often on the low side due to the souped track and quality of contenders. Save those mud slings 

smartyslew

May-13

Yes Thanks, do you have the DRF PP's for the Preakness ?

DogsUp

May-14

I'm using Friday form DRF at the stroke of Friday AM right now and will pick up Saturday edition on way to OTB for Friday card.

Between my eye sight and the alternative of digital format scrolling with a full card I prefer the paper layout the day before.

One can go to DRF for Susan and Preak for a free PP (FEATURE Race of the Day everyday) conditional to logging in.

I'm going to post my Hamburger Helper horses for Friday.

The only time I don't want to be a winner and be a loser is:

Weight 

Wintertrian

May-14

I'm hoping Rock Your World enters the Belmont.