Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pace handicapping the Preakness   Triple Crown

Started May-14 by princeofdoc; 137 views.
princeofdoc

May-14

The Preakness generally has at least one horse hit the board who comes from behind, especially on a fast track.  Sometimes the tri only has one horse that was on or near the lead.

This rendition is somewhat difficult to predict.  Concert Tour will try to make the lead, I suspect, or run 2nd on the outside, depending upon who guns for the lead.  I cannot imagine Medina Spirit dueling with his stablemate.  Perhaps they try to slow it down to 1:12 for the 3/4? If so, I predict they finish 1/2. The wild card is definitely France Go de Ina.....I have a feeling Joel may try to go to the front, and if challenged, they may go sub 1:11, setting up the entire tri for come-from-behind sorts.  Keepmeinmind, Crowded Trade, and Rombauer may benefit, but if a crafty jockey adapts, who can feel the pace (Saez?), and is on a flexible horse, perhaps Midnight Bourbon will show up....either by challenging the lead of 1;12, or coming from behind if it's 1:10.60.

And the bomb I will play in the bottom of my tri's, in case there is a speed duel, which I hope there is, is Unbridled Honor, who may come from the clouds.