Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Two Cox late-bloomers   Triple Crown

Started May-31 by princeofdoc; 283 views.
princeofdoc

May-31

Two more in the 3yr. old barn of Cox who might make noise this summer.....both Fulsome and Warrant won their respective races this weekend, beating Derby horses on their way to victory.  They both came out of the 5/1 Oaklawn race; could be a key race going forward.  I played Warrant today on the basis of Fulsome's victory.  Should be a contentious summer!

Oldbettowin

May-31

I thought Fulsome was a fairly easy pick in the Matt Winn.  I still think overall this is a pretty weak crop and three year old of the years honors is wide open.

DogsUp

May-31

With/if no 2 race TC winner and (And or plus, save a Travers plus BC win by a TC jewel winner) the nomination boys will opt to the Derby DQ results and move-up and install new 1st place Derby winner as 3 yo HOY  Mandaloun (26-1) KY Derby finished in second.

These are political and social times for racing.  Another ointment solution for owners, trainers, public 

• Edited May 31, 2021 9:14 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 3
Wintertrian

Jun-1

I watched the TX Derby.   I liked the horse who ran 2nd, at 14-1.  

Joel Rosario finally brought in "the chalk" (Warrant) after an entire day of getting out-ridden by the more local jocks.  My favorite jockey Ramon did well though.   Funniest thing is the longshot I used to use in my Oaklawn contests, Mo Mosa, won race 11 and paid $48....followed by 2 other "oaklawn" horses.  I had their records all written down from the meet (I keep them for a few years, have come in handy, esp. the mudders.)

David Cohen and Cabrera did well, Eramia won 2 races.  

And Get Her Number's record for 2021 1 day short of 6 months in, is now:  (he's okay, he clipped heels but walked off )

3 0 0 0 $56,667
In reply toRe: msg 4
Wintertrian

Jun-1

Get Her Number, another Peter Miller special .   

He had one I was watching, Ekebo.  An nice irish bred. 
Do you know he raced that one 8 times (!!!) as a 2 year old, then the horse ran his last race (his 8th) in the Eddie Logan this last december......he did not finish, was vanned off, with a broken canon bone and euthanized. 

8 races as a 2 year old from June til December of 2020. 

Look him up:
https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10481058&registry=T

Ebeko, an Irish bred, had run 2 maidens, a weight for age, then the Zuma Beach Stakes, the Del Mar Turf Stakes, the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf race at Keeneland on Nov. 6, finishing ninth. He came back Nov. 29 and ran fourth in the Grade 3 Cecille B. DeMille at Del Mar.  Then the Eddie Logan in december..

He went from being a maiden to running 5 Stakes races at 2.   Then died at 2.

Unreal.  Juice the Lemon  Who does this?  There appears to be nothing in place to actually protect the horses and by extension, the riders on top of them. 

I researched the Rulings....Sadler has 34, Baffert 20, Miller has 71.

Then you look at Clement.  4.   And they were all just about paperwork, like not having foal papers handed in by a deadline.  Honest trainers are easy to spot. 

DogsUp

Jun-1

A personal friend (RIP) said: Dogs you have to get paid for your handicapping.

Now I went ahead with my notes and crushed the Wood. Then went ahead with my RAM possibility off his mile on Derby Day. I used RAM as likeness to how well D'Tatara ran in another race on Preakness day. And he popped in the following scheduled Belmont.

You did a Great job. Get paid for it.

Put those horses on the refrigerator. Car,purse or mirror.

You can get notifications from Equibase. There is another site that shows next race.

But never get on a horse you can't get off of.

• Edited June 1, 2021 1:16 pm  by  DogsUp