Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Belmont Day   Triple Crown

Started Jun-5 by Plus2lbs; 810 views.
In reply toRe: msg 10
Wintertrian

Jun-5

Very happy with the outcome, EQ deserved the win and showed his Class today.  

smartyslew

Jun-5

The ones that were fit finished strong from their performance. 

Others were light on foundation and didn't run to their pedigree.

Message 173  Triple Crown series.

Belmont Historical performance numbers leader board
Without my 1/8 pole Chart
--
1st  Essential Quality           --
2nd  Hot Rod Charlie           -1 behind 
3rd  Rombauer                   -2
4th  Known Agenda            -6
5th  Overtook                    -9
6th  Rock y. World             -11
7th  Bourbonic                  -12 behind first
8th  France Go                   N/A
princeofdoc

Jun-5

60-1 on the cold super from your notes.....even with chalk, decent payouts exist

RAESFAN

Jun-5

I didn't get to start playing until race 7, but I did okay. No big bets, but i more than doubled my money on the day. Couldn't bet EQ, but I was pretty sure he was the horse to beat. Just never runs a bad race. Congrats to Brad Cox. 

Plus2lbs

Jun-5

Congrats all around..

New York New York....double up

Everyday I'm Dublin....

• Edited June 5, 2021 10:45 pm  by  Plus2lbs
In reply toRe: msg 16
PISTOL9

Jun-6

I went against a lot of the heavy chalk all day in the short fields (Jackies warrior, shedares, knicks go) but my picks were not the ones who upset.  Nova rags finsihe 3rd, bonny south ended up near favorite as word was out on her2nd,  ,and dayourof ended in back did not have it.  I was awful on the turf stakes, handicapped without looking at trainer, ended up on shads in most, but nothing close.

Belmont, I needed Overtook to be in there, played HRC mainly as he was double odds.  Need that price to payoff 6/11 dollar payout not what I am looking for in exotics/  I was very impressed by HotRod finishing well after attending that pace for half mile.  I  figured I was done after that.  EQ did not blow anyone away in end of the last two so I played against here since it was longer, then got killed by that pace.  Did get some exactas, but had more for the bigger payout.  When I saw Cox cleaned up, figured he must be confident.  Hats off again for HRC in that race