Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ohio Derby   Triple Crown

Started Jun-21 by princeofdoc; 1564 views.
Wintertrian

Jun-29

RAESFAN said...

That’s a shame, because I think the horse has talent. No chance he will end up with someone else?

No high level trainer is going to take a horse off a trainer who is known primarily as a claiming trainer.  

Keepmeinmind will run his requisite 41-50+ races, maybe win a g3 or g2 along the way somewhere. 

Dreamers Disease, his other Laoban colt,  is a super fast horse, look what Diordoro has "done" with him.  

In 2020 he had a 31% win rate at OP, 30% at Sam Houston, 28% at Turf Paradise........(all on water/hay/oats???)     That is why I brought up that he ran his horse in the Preakness when he was supposed to be serving out a suspension.    As long as fans keep championing these guys and believing in them, our sport will not improve.  

Fans have to stop believing that a patch on someone's back somehow gets into a horse's bloodstream and creates a positive, for example.  

As an aside, as you guys know about me, it's not the destination it's the journey,  and the only way we will ever be able to hold our heads up high, as particpants in this great sport, is to look carefully at how trainers "get" to where they get to. 

I mean, Richard Mandella is not Dale Baird or Lou Pena or Joe Sharp or Bob Baffert.   We know the difference.   

This is why we need transparency, and good record-keeping that is made publically available.   You can win all the races, but I want to know how it was done:   I want to know how many drug positives you've had, exactly how many of your horses were sacraficed to preventable injuries, or to the meat truck.  

Until they stop short-cutting fixing the sport in the U.S.  and do what Hong Kong has done, I won't regret not wagering into the U.S. sport.   I will still go watch the horses, I will follow them and enjoy them.  But no money will leave my wallet, because........well, that would be like being an investor in Enron or something   LOL z

Thankfully, I do have postive feelings about how things will progress after July 2022.  So I'm happy about that. 

Plus2lbs

Jun-30

Well played Piano man..