Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Baffert's horses   Triple Crown

Started Jun-27 by princeofdoc; 717 views.
princeofdoc

Jun-27

Well, we already noted that SF Racing sent Life Is Good to Pletcher, though Equibase still shows BB as trainer during recent work.  Now Savile Row, the horse many of us liked after debut in Nov., has worked regularly since end of April, looks like he should be entered soon, and is also owned by SF....and the most recent work shows BB as trainer.  Pletcher also?

And what other horses do any of you expect to transition elsewhere?

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Jun-27

Bezos is also owned by SF Racing....and just worked out, still shows Beta Bob as trainer....

princeofdoc

Jun-27

Defunded and Freedom Fighter also both worked today, still assigning BB as trainer....

PISTOL9

Jun-28

I saw Hozier was moved out from under BB. I think it may have been at the OH D

princeofdoc

Jul-10

Looks like Du Jour was transferred from BB to Mott the beginning of June.....and is entered today in the Belmont Derby, and I like him a lot here.

Most interesting is that Natalie Baffert is still the owner!  So, when push comes to shove, when looking for a good trainer, Baffert themselves turn to Mott!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

Jul-16

I hear Baffert got a judge to give him permission to stink up the place at Saratoga. 

I also heard that NYRA can follow certain procedures to exclude any trainer.......why don't they meet with him and tell him he can't race at their tracks?  KHRC hasn't done anything about it either so I guess those decisions hang in the balance?  

I doubt Baffert will even bring any horses to Saratoga anyway, so there's that.  

In other news, looks like McPeek is off to an unfortunate start:

https://twitter.com/KennyMcPeek/status/1415840039045632003

I just remember being in dog rescue and the word "parvo" would literally put out waves of fear --- of course parvo is usually fatal though....

Wishing Mr. McPeek the best of luck   He isn't one who lasix's the heck out of his young horses, and I appreciate him for that. 

I don't play SAR but I like to look at the horses......anywhere, any time.  :)  

princeofdoc

Aug-4

Savile Row is finally racing on Sat. at Del Mar.....looks like he is still with Baffert, ridden by van Dyke