Horse-Races.Net HRN's Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)|Horse-Races.Net

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping. Hosted by HRN: Horse-Races.Net

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Current 3-year-old crop   Handicapping - HRN Horse-Races.Net

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 400425 views.
TexSquared

Nov-15

Wow.  Gone are the days of the 120 Beyers as the mark of a champion.  

Curious to see if other figure systems show similar results.

smartyslew

Nov-15

I haven't looked at them yet , I put this up many look at this to vote for Horse Of the year first

and One Could make a good case for Auguste Rodin (IRE)  as 3 year old of the year, with his one race.

PISTOL9

Nov-26

I looked over the future horses today to see if I wanted to bet anything.  I was surprised of all the new horses on the list and not many who ran in the BC races.  Rough count I saw 4 of those out of the 38 individual entrants.  It was tough going through those 34 new ones, only one of those piqued my interest slightly.  I ended up betting the sire pool.  After the close, I realized the one I was slightly interested in is the full to this years winner.  Not great chance of that happening, but at least I got the possibility of more.  Both pools ended up being equal odds at the close

I did not look at the 4 who were in the BC or possible there, as I thought they would not have value.  After the close and going over the list, looked like The Wine Steward / Vino Rosso may have been a good ones to take a chance.

Gerh

Nov-27

I just played an exacta box in the sire pool.Constitution,Good Magic,Street Sense and Vino Rosso.

smartyslew

Nov-29

Beneficial
Booth 
Carbone
Coach Prime
Dornoch 1st Remsen
El Capi
Fierceness
Honor Marie
 Nash
Nysos
Prince of Monaco
 Private Desire
Sierra Leone  2nd Remsen
 Stronghold
-----
under the radar edit 12
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited December 7, 2023 9:00 pm  by  smartyslew
princeofdoc

Dec-2

I think you have 3 of your sires with colts in today's Remsen.....muddy, so who knows?  Some good prices too

Gerh

Dec-2

Looks like an interesting race.A just watch for me because of the conditions 

smartyslew

Dec-2

Message 2649 this thread, 2 on my list finished 1-2 in the Remsen Stakes 9f at Aq today race 9 

the only 2 on my list in the race.  Dornotch First, Sierra Leone  second and their 2nd race this year.

there is room for improvement and just maybe the Derby distance is in their reach

I suggest watch the replays of their first Race. BTW Dornoch is a brother to Mage.

edit : Fastest Remsen in about 10 years and on a sealed wet track  

Thunder Gulch last Derby winner to win the Remsen in 96.

Replay looked like J Ortiz thought he won the race when he passed Dornach and took his left hand push

off of the horse who lugged in and had to reengage , might of cost him the win, check it out and let me know what you think.!!

• Edited December 5, 2023 1:12 am  by  smartyslew
princeofdoc

Dec-2

Loved them both, could be rivals in the upcoming TC campaign....

Btw, did you catch Dutrow's El Capi in his debut?  Wow, very fast in off conditions, impressive!

smartyslew

Dec-2

El Capi impressive yes, Maccleans Music throws sprinter miler types the big unknown is his Tail female Family Colonial 2.(C2 )

Its been decades  since I seen one of those and unknown, However The Bms Sire Flatter has War Admiral and La troienne up the middle

and in a good Placement.

Equibase awarded a E 91, light in my view with that hand ride.

• Edited December 2, 2023 10:41 pm  by  smartyslew