Horse-Races.Net HRN's Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)|Horse-Races.Net

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping. Hosted by HRN: Horse-Races.Net

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Current 3-year-old crop   Handicapping - HRN Horse-Races.Net

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 401797 views.
SameSteve G

Dec-8

Agree. Way too early to count out anyone.  There is no prize for being the first to pan a horse.  

smartyslew

Dec-9

yes I agree this year was better, also how often do you see a two year old close like that at 9f in his 2nd race, they know they have

to fix that to far back, and in the same race have the lead horse come back to win after being passed at the 1/8 pole and draw even at the 16th pole

and win the race, not often at any age and no way i'm going to say pass on the future. Sierra had a faster last Q and 1/8 time, Dornoch a faster last 1/16.

I like their chances to get 10f if they stay healthy at this point in time.  

princeofdoc

Dec-11

Hey bisket!

I'm joining Rob and others with disagreeing with your assessment.  While your statement on comparing raw times from year to year as being deceptive has merit, I think it's also quite deceptive to compare Cigar times with Remsen splits.  Yes, the 2 yr. olds seemed a little green, but virtually every Derby winner has looked green in their early racing careers.  I don't think the Beyer was low at all for their experience....a simple watch of the race showed grit by the two, as well as ability.

As regards Futures betting, it's really all about the price.  If you wait until betting until you see a high Beyer and no greenness, you will get 12-1.  At best.  I am only interested in 100-1 or higher at this time of the year, though 75-1 on Sierra may be compelling.  I may wait until I see a work first.  If you bet on a number of 100 or 150-1 colts at this time of year, those with merit on pedigree and early racing, you have a good chance on hitting one.

Mage opened at 140-1 after the commanding performance in his debut.

PISTOL9

Dec-12

Oh no, he won the Remsen,   That is usually a toss for me. Well at least I got the sire instead of individual, still have chance with BBs being transferred if he survives.  Plus others who may come up.

Gerh

Dec-12

At least the sire pool gives some BB coverage like you noted.

smartyslew

Dec-14

I ran across a site where their group showed a Futures ticket they purchest a $1000 ticket for 150-1 for Sierra Leone 

while they were doing their capping show for the Remsen  Race and Sierra Leone was their pick to win The Remsen

after Looking at his first race all before the R emsen Race. The site has more than one H in its name.

smartyslew

Dec-14

12/15/23  Remington Springboard Mile Race 10, 2 year olds, Under the Radar Type Derby points Race

#7 Rhino Runner 20-1
---
12/16/23 Los Al Futurity 8.5 f Race 9, 2 yr olds On the list" Derby points Race
-----
#3 Strong Hold   Edit finished 2nd

#5 Coach Prime   Finished 3rd big baffert favorite, Bafferts New York Bred WON

5 raced and they had the Suoer 5 bet for this race and I haven't checked the payout, See if it was a big CAW Play LOL

• Edited December 16, 2023 9:05 pm  by  smartyslew
Gerh

Dec-15

Rhino Runner is a scratch

smartyslew

Dec-15

Thank You Gerh, do you know Why ? Do you know why Brad Cox scratched his 4 horses entered for Stakes races at Remington Today ?

Gerh

Dec-15

No reason given for the scratches.Yet another glaring lack of transparency in US racing.