Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started Jul-2 by smartyslew; 34751 views.
chroses

Oct-9

Congratulations Winter. Gonna be a good year!!!!

Wintertrian

Oct-9

RAESFAN said...

Still with a couple long shots tomorrow(On Thin Ice) in the Bourbon and Wednesday(Dressed) in the Jessamine at Keenland.

On Thin Ice will certainly pay well--those are some great odds for that horse!   
For the Bourbon, I'm going to try Red Danger or Rocket One......also Red Run (AE) if he gets in. 

In the Jessamine, I will probably root for Onetheonesandtwos, Queen Judith, Misthaven    
Longshot:  Roughly A Diamond.   
(I  liked Blissful and Haughty but both are AEs and won't get in? Will have to wait and see). 

smartyslew

Oct-9

I watched the replay, lone speed wire to wire after sloppy getting out of the gate.

Ka-ching. Nice hit.

smartyslew

Oct-9

He ran good after getting out of that scrum at the start, lots of bumper cars

and the Number 4 got the worst of it. Mcpeek is good with 2 yr olds.

smartyslew

Oct-9

That was a wow 1.08 and change and the field was pretty good. first 6 bunched up

that's lots of speed in a two year old race.  This week I focused on the route races

and that's normal this time of year for me. Keep the MTR's coming, I will miss 

the sprints ,staying focused on routes in this thread. I think this group might

be as good as the the 3 yr old crop, love the change in the breeding trend.

RAESFAN

Oct-10

I actually forgot another runner, Slipstream, who will be in the Belmont Futurity today. I think he is trained by Clemente, who has brought him along slowly.

RAESFAN

Oct-10

I think Red Ranger and Tiz A Bomb are the likely favorites in the Bourbon. On Thin Ice may have been flattered in his debut by a very slow pace, or compromised by the Kentucky Downs configuration in his last. I don’t know what the real OTI looks like.

In the Jessamine, I think Dressed is a viable long shot from Catalano, coming out of Arlington. MTR has another filly named Koala Princess I really, really like, but she seems to be going to the Cup off a Kentucky Downs win on September 12th. She is trained by Armand Delacour, who is good with turf fillies.

RAESFAN

Oct-10

The announcers kind of tried to malign the race because you had all those horses finish close at the finish. This was a stakes race, not some maiden. It is possible that it was a talented, evenly matched group.

smartyslew

Oct-10

I've been under the weather this weekend and didn't get much done.
--
Field of 14 +2 AE, 7 on our list 1-2-4-5-12-15 AE-16 AE, *Stakes race
turf pedigree :Tiz The Bomb A+, On Thin Ice A+, Rocket One B+, Red Danger B+, Dowagiac Chief  A,
Martini'nmoonshine   A,
Number 12 Tiz The Bomb  Has the Elite pedigree to stretch out on the turf in this group, this is 8.5 f
and others in this group are live at this distance, I like in order 12-5-15-14  long shot number 9
Its a good betting race and look for value . Remember / Reminder my picks aren't bets
The best of breed may not be the best performer.
number 5 might be value at 8-1
 10 th race Keeneland - Sunday, October 10th, 2021
STAKES. 1 1/16 Mile Turf. Purse $200,000. Castle & Key Bourbon S. (Grade 2). FOR TWO YEAR OLDS. (05:46 PM) (16)
PP Horse A/S M/E Wgt Jockey                        ped Trainer
1 Brit's Wit  1st 7.5 f  mdn 2 G 118 Flores David Romero  B McKeever Andrew 30
2 Stolen Base 2nd 8f  oc62 2 C 118 Prat Flavien   B Maker Michael J.   10
3 Dowagiac Chief  1st 6.5f  mdn 2 C 118 Graham James  A Amoss Thomas M.  20
4 Martini'nmoonshine 1st 8.5 f mdn 2 C 118 Gaffalione Tyler A Amoss Thomas M.  10
5 X Rocket One 1st 8f mdn 2 C 118 Leparoux Julien R. B+ Mott William I.        8
6 Credibility 4th 7f S 2 C* 118 Gonzalez Edwin  B+ Casse Mark E.        20
7 Fast N Steady  1st 7.5f mdn 2 G
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
smartyslew

Oct-10

I didn't realize it was on the Turf, just the same it was a in the realm good race

with lots of promise for the future.