Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started Jul-2 by smartyslew; 35668 views.
smartyslew

Oct-21

Hey Dogs thx for having my back in this 21st century of mis information all over the place

This old fashioned free due diligence of one mans hobby has the Superior Tech

confused because of no app dinosaurs style that started before the new math and

algorithm goes deep into the bowels of the actual T'bred's and the racing industry

without an App with one Man's opinion using his feeble brain and its free and time consuming to do.

It's for anybody interested and not required reading. Thx again dogs !

smartyslew

Oct-21

Thank you very much for your response and ideas!

that chart you referred to is the results after the race is official and over.

Its not outdated !  You can look it up with numerous Apps or on the site !
BTW here is the sight that info came from.

http://www.horse-races.net/

• Edited October 21, 2021 11:27 am  by  smartyslew
RAESFAN

Oct-21

Doesn’t surprise me. MTR has been know to produce better female runners. Also, I am following quite a few of his progeny, and the most expensive ones that are male, have just begun to work. MTR’s filllies are more precocious. He has sired a couple of BC juvenile turf winners, a second, and a third place finisher, versus one juvy male winner. This year Slipstream will represent his males, while Bubble Rock, Koala Princess, and Consumer Spending, all should be competitive in the filly races.

Actually, I saw the race with Paratus, the Godolphin owned colt, and he looked good. But I am more anxious to see James Aloysius return healthy.

In reply toRe: msg 307
smartyslew

Oct-25

2 yr old Beyer leaderboard. focus on 8f and longer numbers for the future Tc trail

and the BC Juvenile Races. Jack Christopher 6f: 92 number, jumps up 10 pts to 102 for

1 Mile at Belmont one turn race, suggest a good one turn runner or better numbers stretching out.
---

2-year-olds: male or female
through 10/24/2021

HORSE TRK DATE DIST BEYER FIGURE
Jack Christopher BEL 02 Oct 1M 102
Corniche DMR 04 Sep 5 1/2F 98
Commandperformance BEL 02 Oct 1M 97
Big City Lights SA 02 May 4 1/2F 93
Concept RP 26 Sep 6F 92
Echo Zulu SAR 15 Jul 5 1/2F 92
Jack Christopher SAR 28 Aug 6F 92
My Prankster SAR 21 Aug 6 1/2F 92
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
PISTOL9

Oct-25

smartyslew said:

Giant Game

You ever see so much 1-x straight down the middle of a dam as this one?  4 lines via MTR and Sea Hero

smartyslew

Oct-26

And Playmate has Buckpasser for a Sire. Reinforcing the 11 1x positions up the middle

within 5 generations, with 3 lines of Hail to Reason in the mix.

In reply toRe: msg 316
smartyslew

Nov-2

11/5/21 Breeders Cup Juvenile- Classic: Double STKS 8.5 f dirt  2 yrs old  (C&G)
11/5 21  stks Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies- Distaff Double  Race 1 8.5 f dirt
11/5/21  Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf - Turf Double   8f Turf  (C&G) 2 yr olds Stakes
------------
3 interesting  Doubles Friday at Del Mar
This will be on Fridays Card if you want to get a head start on it.
DogsUp

Nov-2

Thanks Smarty.

I'm still insistent that a 3 or 4 horizontal pick could provide a better overall odds return for a spread of one's money bet. 

And considering that at this consistency of BC class shorter prices are more predictable outcomes. 

Exacta bets have to be bet harder (whereas a short horse on either end deludes payout.

Granted in the 3,4s one must use the short and bomb odds, yet the ticket is kinda protected to get ones bet amount back.

A free shot at the Piñata. While watching the long balls run a win into a ticket, or say using 4 in 1 leg and 4th deepest final odds wins creates a significant multiple across the ticket.

Also where a 3 or 4 ticket has a runner that will go under 1/1 could get 4/1 or more using that one cold then 4 runners then say 7 @ $1 = $28 and see a return like $228.

RAESFAN

Nov-2

Of the three MTR fillies in the Juvy Filly Turf race, most people will give more of a chance to Consumer Spending(Chad Brown) and Bubble Rock(Brad Cox) because of their trainers. I actually like Koala Princess' chances. Delacour will have her ready. His 21% 2021 win rate, and 22% career rate, speak well of him.

pianot

Nov-2

Thats who I like.