Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started Jul-2 by smartyslew; 34020 views.
smartyslew

Oct-26

And Playmate has Buckpasser for a Sire. Reinforcing the 11 1x positions up the middle

within 5 generations, with 3 lines of Hail to Reason in the mix.

In reply toRe: msg 316
smartyslew

Nov-2

11/5/21 Breeders Cup Juvenile- Classic: Double STKS 8.5 f dirt  2 yrs old  (C&G)
11/5 21  stks Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies- Distaff Double  Race 1 8.5 f dirt
11/5/21  Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf - Turf Double   8f Turf  (C&G) 2 yr olds Stakes
------------
3 interesting  Doubles Friday at Del Mar
This will be on Fridays Card if you want to get a head start on it.
DogsUp

Nov-2

Thanks Smarty.

I'm still insistent that a 3 or 4 horizontal pick could provide a better overall odds return for a spread of one's money bet. 

And considering that at this consistency of BC class shorter prices are more predictable outcomes. 

Exacta bets have to be bet harder (whereas a short horse on either end deludes payout.

Granted in the 3,4s one must use the short and bomb odds, yet the ticket is kinda protected to get ones bet amount back.

A free shot at the Piñata. While watching the long balls run a win into a ticket, or say using 4 in 1 leg and 4th deepest final odds wins creates a significant multiple across the ticket.

Also where a 3 or 4 ticket has a runner that will go under 1/1 could get 4/1 or more using that one cold then 4 runners then say 7 @ $1 = $28 and see a return like $228.

RAESFAN

Nov-2

Of the three MTR fillies in the Juvy Filly Turf race, most people will give more of a chance to Consumer Spending(Chad Brown) and Bubble Rock(Brad Cox) because of their trainers. I actually like Koala Princess' chances. Delacour will have her ready. His 21% 2021 win rate, and 22% career rate, speak well of him.

pianot

Nov-2

Thats who I like.

inforadime

Nov-2

Consumer on a good path  maybe following Sharing - maiden win Saratoga -Laurel Selima win-3rd jockey change at breeders /patterns are intriguing -this great betting race 8/1 no way on Consumer -can make case ( not necessarily strong) on 9 of field -super betting race

smartyslew

Nov-2

Your Welcome Dogs, As long as they are doing as many gimmick bets

why not a pick 6 for these 6 races instead of 3 doubles or why not both!

smartyslew

Nov-2

Tough pickin, Exacta and tri bets ,with hard pickin keys .

Who you Picken for the Classic ? I think it will be a 3 year old.

smartyslew

Nov-2

You got this race right. love the turfers in this crop !good luck

RAESFAN

Nov-3

I am leaning towards a Max Player upset. In his last two races he has totally changed his running style, with spectacular success. I don't expect him to get near the lead with the pace scenario I expect, but I think he can be closer than usual, and get the jump in a race that falls apart. I know he can get the distance.