Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

R.I.P. Arazi   General Discussions

Started Jul-2 by Gerh; 624 views.
Gerh

Jul-2

Died today in Australia.He was 32

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

Jul-2

Still the most visually impressive run I've seen in a BC race! RIP

tc4smarty

Jul-3

One of the three most explosive moves I've ever seen. The other's being Secretariat's clubhouse turn move in the Preakness and Beholder's rush in the Pacific Classic.

ChiefsCrown

Jul-5

Those 3, awesome moves!

I'd have to add Mine That Birds winning last to first by 7 lengths in the '09 Kentucky Derby as another big finish.

tc4smarty

Jul-5

That was incredible also. When I watch the replay of that Derby, Mind That Bird reminds me of Exceller in the '78 Jockey Club Gold Cup when he came flying from over 20 lengths out of it to pass Seattle Slew. Then he had to hold Slew off who started advancing again near the wire.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

Jul-9

On the subject of making up lengths...

Calidoscopio is 10 years old here, making up 25 lengths----his last career race.   on a wet track. 

(What amazes me is after he won the Breeders Cup Marathon, (1-3/4 miles) the year before at age 9, (this time on a dry track), ......same deal.........that he still went off at very high odds both times!) 

He had already run 39 or so races in South America, came over for a win and your in BC and nailed it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xl0nXkJzGE

DogsUp

Jul-9

I love it when the connections or bettor is watching their horse; convincingly out front in a winning fashion and just watching nearby contenders and have wrote off the contender way-way back of the pack. Especially grass 

I think the racing term is:

What the Hell!?

Dogs resemble those people..

Pick 4 going into Belmont Stakes with Maxfield cold rock hard ten single..First 2 legs at four deep winners. Third leg Dogs watching his 15-1 out front in the Manhattan and through deep stretch ...and my ticket meter is cah-chinging with each hoof hitting the Big Sandy as the horse remains clearly clear. Favorite closes and turns my sweet parlayed ticket into a negative return.

https://youtu.be/mvJPTHsYR3M

• Edited July 10, 2021 12:27 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 7
DogsUp

Jul-10

Old Forester Derby Day.

Been a long time since I didn't check my ticket. 

Here the fav is the number 3 and wanted it included with the 5 + 7 in one leg of a Pick. Which is what on wanted on ticket.

Ticket reads 5-7-8. No 3 

5 saves me not having the #3 in a dead heat finish.

• Edited July 10, 2021 1:01 am  by  DogsUp
Oldbettowin

Jul-10

Galileo’s gone too, at 23 :(

smartyslew

Jul-10

R.I.P. Great Special one,  You will be missed !