Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Great Galileo Has Passed On   European Racing

Started Jul-10 by SameSteve G; 331 views.
SameSteve G

Jul-10

Humanely euthanized at 23 due to debilitating, painful chronic foot injury that did not respond to treatment.

"Great" by any measure of that word & has left a potent legacy via his progeny.  A short tribute has already been put together.  Here it is for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptPSjXPxuso

Gerh

Jul-11

One of the greatest sires the sport has ever seen.He carried on his dad’s legacy and leaves us many wonderful sons ( including Frankel) to carry on his.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Jul-14

There is really nothing but sadness and nothing to really "say" when a truly gifted animal like this leaves us.  There are not enough accolades to really describe his influence on the breed. 

I will say, however, that it's a shame the the U.S. breeders did not use him enough in their breeding programs and now he and his stamina are gone forever.  

Gerh

Jul-14

I am sure his stamina will live on through his sons.Personally,I would not want US Breeders anywhere near horses like this.They will just breed them to sprinters and sell them to corrupt trainers.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Wintertrian

Jul-15

Gerh said...

Personally,I would not want US Breeders anywhere near horses like this.They will just breed them to sprinters and sell them to corrupt trainers.

Good piont. 

There is no place for them in our present model.