Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forego!   Handicapping

Started Aug-28 by RAESFAN; 579 views.
RAESFAN

Aug-28

So do they suspend Firenze Fire for reckless running? I have never seen a horse so persistent in his effort to attack an opponent! I give credit to his jock for staying on board. Is there anything else he could have done? Shades of “Marfa the Mugger”! Credit also to Yaupon for keeping his concentration. I actually thing FF could have won the race, as he seemed to surge after going back to racing! Lol Two horses that consider themselves leader of the pack, one being willing to resort to anything to prove it!

chroses

Aug-28

In case anyone missed it (and I’ve never seen anything like this) Firenze Fire did not want Yaupon to win;

RAESFAN

Aug-28

That would be an understatement! lol He brought the “Fire” for sure; the Mike Tyson of horse racing!

Wintertrian

Aug-28

A savage.........(sort of matches his original trainer in that regard). 

sorry, I saw an opening and had to take the cheap shot. 

RAESFAN

Aug-28

Landed square on the kisser, too! lol After the race, the horse was interviewed and was indignant, "He was taunting me! Didn't you see him sticking out his tongue at me?" joy

Gerh

Aug-29

I think Bandini tried to do the same thing to High Fly in the 2005 Florida Derby.

PISTOL9

Sep-1

No doubt on which horse I had my money on in that race.  I thought he was looking good till that happened.  I keep having victory snatched by the jaws of defeat.

RAESFAN

Sep-2

The “jaws of defeat”! That’s a good one. If FF had kept his “jaws” to himself, he may have won!

smartyslew

Sep-2

Good One Pistol . Jaws of Defeat.. Bad beat  :)