Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2022 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 12/2/21 by DogsUp; 45284 views.
pianot

Apr-19

yep. interesting. His money is a drop in the hat for derby bettors.

DogsUpWired

Apr-19

" interesting. His money is a drop in the hat for derby bettors.

Yep, dropping that amount $ in early, in this size gross pool, is a drop in the bucket

pianot

Apr-19

Agree at this stage, some impact. As we get closer, not as much. Some will love to take his money. And those that follow.

• Edited April 19, 2022 5:00 pm  by  pianot
twoshots

Apr-19

I saw an article which says he will bet his millions in person, likely on the favorite. It appears he hasn’t bet it yet, though it says he does have some futures bets already down on Smile Happy.

ChiefsCrown

Apr-19

I left out that the article said he has to sell 1000 mattresses to break even on that bet.

pianot

Apr-19

That's probably a drop in the hat for him.

princeofdoc

Apr-19

Did Mac bet in LV in a futures shop?  Circa?

I doubt his bet would affect the parimutuel market on Derby Day....though I do like SH, with Zandon/Mo/Messier in tris/supers

sovereign1

Apr-19

That guy jinxed my Bengals!

pianot

Apr-19

Sorry prince. no way with SH. Hope u score.

TexSquared

Apr-19

By coming out and saying he's going to bet a lot on the favorite (which will lower its odds) that means everybody will try to beat the favorite..  So if the favorite wins, he gets a bigger payout than he would if he just kept his mouth shut...

Could also be a dutch strategy -- he's betting on both the favorite and Smile Happy and if either hits he wins huge