Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

HISA and USADA   General Discussions

Started Dec-23 by SameSteve G; 373 views.
SameSteve G

Dec-23

I take the non-agreement between HISA and USADA as bad news for US horse racing [despite the rhetoric of both parties].  Anyone interested can read about it here:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/255740/hisa-announces-suspension-of-negotiations-with-usada

DogsUp

Dec-23

Best New Year Steve.

More about $ vs power.

In reply toRe: msg 2
SameSteve G

Dec-23

The entities and interests who are succeeding in the status quo want that to remain with little tweaks to appease, rather than transform.

Hey, there's always Japanese, Aussie and UK racing, almost all of it on the turf, which I prefer anyway.

Keeping my money out of the US wagering markets.

In reply toRe: msg 3
SameSteve G

Dec-23

Same to you Dogs.  Continued Good Health.  I already know you're wealthy and wise.sunglasses

DogsUp

Dec-23

As my sign-on opener here; when 1st joined up this pony posse *and admittedly had my Dogs' writing persona to challenge- make laughter and irritate (get our juices going) in secret code...

Spent all my money on fast women, slow horses and good cigars ..the rest of my money I wasted.

It was all in great fun and good company..and 2022 here will be the best year ever!

(d) 

Gerh

Dec-24

I usually just bet on UK and Irish racing.I didn’t bet a whole lot on the Breeders Cup this year.The last bet I had in the US was a minimal future bet for the Derby.US Racing is unwilling and unable to police itself and will soon be a thing of the past

In reply toRe: msg 7
SameSteve G

Dec-24

I have always loved the horses themselves and I still enjoy seeing the new crops emerge and sort themselves out.  They are magnificent creatures in every way.  

It's their sentience and magnificence that demands impeccable, ethical handling.

I'll continue to observe the US sport around the big races throughout the year because if excellence and superiority emerge, I like to see it.

Good holidays to you my friend and best wishes to you and yours going forward.  

Gerh

Dec-24

US racing seems to have lost sight of how important the horse is for their product.I don’t care what level a horse is racing at,he/she should be treated with the upmost care.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and New Years

In reply toRe: msg 9
TexSquared

Dec-24

Gerh said:

US racing seems to have lost sight of how important the horse is for their product.I don’t care what level a horse is racing at,he/she should be treated with the upmost care.

Given how some tracks make a lot of their money from so-called "instant racing" (let's call it what it is, a slot machine) and other gaming they could care less about the horses anymore.