Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sacred Oath BSF   Handicapping

Started May-7 by Wintertrian; 410 views.
Wintertrian

May-7

I believe she received a 94 for the Oaks.  

Translated to colts in the derby that would be Smile Happy and Tiz the Bomb were given by Beyer, 94.   My cutoff is 95 for the colts to consider for a win, which includes only 7 horses in the KY Derby field, but I combine that with other angles as well including comparative BRIS speeds and such. 

OldForesight

May-7

Speed figures are overrated. Yuugirl got a higher speed figure than Secret Oath in the Fantasy Stakes on the same race-card as the Arkansas Derby but when they met in the Kentucky Oaks Yuugirl got smoked again by Secret Oath. I said again because prior to the Kentucky Oaks, Secret Oath beat Yuugirl by 9 1/2 lengths in the Honeybee Stakes. 

The fact is Secret Oath stepped down in class after taking on the boys in the Arkansas derby and beat her peers in the Oaks.     

Oldbettowin

May-7

So do we move up Cyberknife and Barber Road?

OldForesight

May-7

I am handicapping the track and the way the track has been playing Cyberknife and Barber Road will be at a disadvantage. Secret Oath was able to win because she was the best horse in the Oaks. 

Wintertrian

May-8

OldForesight said...

Speed figures are overrated.

I didn't say they weren't.  

As a matter of fact, one of my mantras is that speed players never soundly beat this game. 

I was just giving her BSF for as a data point, in case nobody knew what she got on Friday, and thought it might be useful for their ticket on Saturday.  

I'm not the person who quotes BSFs in any of my posts here......and that is true for years.   This one wasn't listed anywhere so I was just listing it for those who follow them.