Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

14 furlong R10 today at Oaklawn   Handicapping

Started May-8 by Wintertrian; 386 views.
Wintertrian

May-8

I wait for this one every year.   If you were thinking of trying to make some $$, this would be the race.  
The field is 14 horses, too!  So a very good betting race. The odds are very attractive!!

FWIW, the #4 Original Intent has won at this distance before.  #6 has the bet late kick. 

The #9, #8 and #7 then the #14, #13 look pretty good to me.  

My big longshots would be California Swing #2 at 20-1 M/L  or Flatout Winner #11 at 20-1. 

sovereign1

May-8

I like the #8 Venture Forth

Wintertrian

May-8

That's a good pick Sov.   Nice Candy Ride and damsire is Dansili.  Working bullets as an 8 year old and we needn't question Villafranco's success with older horses (Rated R Superstar, Promising Shoes, another one of my favs) As a matter of fact I would "venture" that this is a strength of this trainer with oldsters so I always give his a look. 

He was in my picks as well, but I used the #7 in my contest in top 2 places becasue 10-1. 

It is just so nice to see DIRT horses galloping along, unhurried, for a change, so I find the race very enjoyably relaxing. 

sovereign1

May-8

I love routes, especially when it's 2+ minutes of anticipation. I wish this were on turf, though. The dirt makes it a bit more challenging, for me at least.

pianot

May-8

Well winter hooked me in, I went 4-8-9-13-14 $1 ex box. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wintertrian

May-9

Well, we done good! 

The greatest thing is watching them run past the finish line "the first time around".   I just LOVE that part. 

THe one who came in last looked like his hind end was not in alignment.  Hope they have a chiro for their horse.