Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Best Preakness Win(or second best)   Triple Crown

Started May-19 by RAESFAN; 404 views.
RAESFAN

May-19

For many, I'm sure that Secretariat's Preakness win is their pick for most impressive Preakness win. I mean that :21+ second quarter where he circled the field, was a thing of equine dominance. So what was the second most impressive Preakness in your opinion?

I just watched Afleet Alex's win again, and I still don't know how you stumble that badly, and recover so quickly. That was one of the most athletic thing I've seen in any horse race! That's my pick. What's yours?

pianot

May-19

1996- Louis Quatorze let come at him then stepped on the gas.

SameSteve G

May-19

We were there for Afleet Alex's win. I saw it clearly occur but my brain was staggered by what I'd just witnessed.  Tremendous.   I've watched that replay more than a few times.

My favorite race horse.  Seattle Slew in 1977.  Duels with Comorant through sizzling early fractions.  Puts him away and will not allow the late runners to get close.  Wins by 1 1/2 easily.  

Rachel Alexandra. Duels with the very fast Big Drama.  Puts him away and does not succumb,  keeping Mine That Bird and Musket Man due for minor honors only.

GioPonti

May-19

Little Current, in 1974.

Honorable mention to Silver Charm, 1997.

smartyslew

May-19

Seattle Slew for me 1st then Silver Charm 2nd, for me Silver Charm and his series With Free House like Alydar And Affirmed

and the 2nd year in a Row Scribes knocking West Coast Horses speed didn't measure up and I thought he was special

and the way he did it, looking back it started the West Coast speed in California, after Cavonnier was 2nd in The derby

the year before.

In reply toRe: msg 5
RAESFAN

May-20

Interesting answers from everyone. You guys gave me a lot of videos to pull up.