Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Great Stradivarius   European Racing

Started Jun-16 by SameSteve G; 346 views.
SameSteve G

Jun-16

Today at near about 4:20 at Royal Ascot, arguably one of the two greatest stayers of all time, Stradivarius, will attempt to win his 4th Ascot Gold Cup.  8 rivals will try to deny that quest.  The main challenges will come from Kyprios [the fav in the early betting] and Princess Zoe, who beat Strad last year.

Most of the racing world will be rooting for Stradivarius [now 8 years old] to go to retirement as a winner of his swan song.  

11:20 in NY.  Go Straidvarius, go.

In reply toRe: msg 1
SameSteve G

Jun-16

Boxed in, came for third.  Gave it his all.  

1. Kyprios 13/8f
  2. Mojo Star 15/2
  3. Stradivarius 2/1
Gerh

Jun-17

I thought he had a chance when he got in the clear but the turn of foot isn’t what it used to be.It will take something really special to equal Yeat’s record.

In reply toRe: msg 3
SameSteve G

Jun-17

Having lost the proverbial step or step and a half, Strad needed a perfect set up to win and he didn't get it.   That was my concern going into the race.

Still, we all love the horse and his connections have been superb, keeping him happy and racing into his eighth year.

Gerh

Jun-17

Not a great demand as a stallion but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sired some good National hunt offspring.One of Yeats sons won the grand National this year

Gerh

Jun-17

Kyprios could turn out to be something special.Still only 4

In reply toRe: msg 6
SameSteve G

Jun-18

Ryan Moore thinks so, too.  Though he did say it was a "messy race" and not fun to ride.

Having never been beyond 1 3/4 miles, to win at 2 1/2 miles running against the kind he defeated points to a very good future as a stayer.