Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TVG to be renamed FanDuel   General Discussions

Started Jul-22 by TexSquared; 523 views.
TexSquared

Jul-22

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/report-tvg-to-be-renamed-focus-more-on-sports-betting

So after 9pm they'll show and take bets on  PICKLEBALL, Chinese basketball and Korean soccer?  WTF?  Harness horsemen won't be happy since late night is their time...

I guess this makes sense, TVG stands for Television Games, it never specified racing only. 

SameSteve G

Jul-22

I had to look up pickleball.  LOL

TexSquared

Jul-22

Me too.    Betting on that is like betting on a random Little League game...

DogsUpWired

Jul-23

On a legit note Sports bettors who play horses and sports will migrate to move to more sports betting.

The handle for Belmont Stakes card was down 12.5 %. June. Let's see what Haskell card says.

However: Would the special full card pickleball Grade 1 matches be call The Kosher Cups.

pianot

Jul-23

I think you're on to something!

In reply toRe: msg 5
DogsUpWired

Jul-23

Monmouth Park set a track record for handle for a non-Breeders’ Cup day when bettors wagered a total of $20,479,392 the year 2020; 14-race TVG.com Haskell Stakes day card. The record handle was achieved despite restrictions for on-track attendance due to COVID-19 guidelines.

The overall handle from all sources surpassed the previous non-Breeders’ Cup record of $20,024,509 set on Haskell Day on Aug, 2. 2015.

In reply toRe: msg 6
DogsUpWired

Jul-23

2021 Monmouth doubled on track handle and total meet handle was up.

Haskell card handle will be indicator (with consideration of Triple Crown results not robust)

In reply toRe: msg 7
DogsUpWired

Jul-24

Total handle on the 2022 Haskell day was $19,896,954, over $4 million more than last year. On-track handle was $1,303,642.

Apoears on line sports book gambling is good for racing. 

Doubt handle generated from simulcast/OTBs are on the rise.