Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jock Changes   General Discussions

Started Sep-17 by pianot; 297 views.
pianot

Sep-17

Why does Asmussen pull Santana in favor of Rosario alot?

In reply toRe: msg 1
smartyslew

Sep-17

Rosario's agent made a deal with Asmussen this year, Joel has 1st choice when Available and

Joel has other clients and the top Agent in The Business and it is a business and Santana fills in when Joel's

Agent made other deals and Joel sometimes goes to the race at the track his Agent Ron Anderson tells him.

Santana in the past was Assmussen 's go to guy.

In reply toRe: msg 3
DogsUpWired

Sep-18

Azz and Santana would hookup when they were at track together at same time meet... for/during a season. And Joel Roze' be-at another circuit.

Santana not better as the big Day/Grade/purse  time  jock as Rosario. Easy pick..trainer,owner,bettor.

Some were down on Rosario and Prat as jocks. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

Oct-8

pianot said...

Why does Asmussen pull Santana in favor of Rosario alot?

I dunno but I hope he does that again at Oaklawn.   There was a day last year when Rosario lost every single race except one, on Assmussen's horses, and the one he did win was utter chalk. 

I made money that day betting against Rosario, once I saw he was going to "have a bad day."

Big name jocks become big names by proving themselves somewhere.....Santana has earned his keep for sure.  So has Arrieta and a few others I like.  

BTW----props to my favorite longshot jockeys.    E.T. Baird won 2 at KEEN today (Oct 7), the only 2 races he rode in.  He's a staple in my Virtual Stable.  (on David's Gem,$32.82; Mark of the Z, $14.62)   Bejarano ran ITM in 3 races.  Rosario ran 2nds all day. 

pianot

Oct-8

ET has always been a true rider, trying on everything he rode.