Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeders Cup @ DogsUp   Breeders' Cup

Started Oct-6 by DogsUpWired; 4001 views.
DogsUpWired

Oct-6

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUpWired

Oct-7

Not sure if Cup kick off should be monikered: The Ticket Constructionist or rather; Reconstructionist.

I can't remember a time when after the posting of results of a race; Dogs danced his woulda-shoulda-how did I miss that and the; just brain filed the handicapping learning experience. Move on. Nobody takes down every race.

Everybody has a winning ticket until they leave the gate.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks it's said; but you can teach a new dog old tricks.

Yes; regrettably I'm going there.

The Derby 2022. 

6 months prep. Six. Grinding and sanding. Measuring and cutting. Diary notes to detail, mental and written exponential mathematical race equations. Tightening down the screws; getting rid of the scrap. No parts left over. Polish it up...and send it in.

Overanalyzing. Data diarrhea. 

To be continued.

In reply toRe: msg 2
DogsUpWired

Oct-7

The 2022 Derby winner; near record longest odds; could only be arrived at for window cashing purposes by Ticket Construction. To get the big payoffs. 

All other methods of conclusion arrival had this  Derby winner pegged as in say an analogy of a late substitution in a championship prize fight whereas everybody beat him. And the winner yet arrived by adverse position.

In reply toRe: msg 3
DogsUpWired

Oct-7

So low and behold no more War and Peace length articles. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
DogsUpWired

Oct-7

Abolitionist..,..Get rid of overanalyzing and data diarrhea.

Ticket Construction ,,, With right and tight knowledge; Key wheels  

pianot

Oct-7

Only thing I could add is I missed the simple thing, like he liked CD alot. I dismissed it. Live and learn.

smartyslew

Oct-7

KA- Ching ! Sweet Payout.

Ticket Construction ,,, With right and tight knowledge; Key wheels  

In reply toRe: msg 6
smartyslew

Oct-7

With all of that front speed and him added to the mix the way he keeps coming  reminded me of Lookin At Lee,

who most on here at the time had him in their tri's. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

Oct-7

pianot said...

Only thing I could add is I missed the simple thing, like he liked CD alot

Yes.   But had he not been a late entry I think more of us would have had some time to better analyze him.  I had him in my homebred list, and ya'll KNOW how dedicated I am to my homebred theory.  :)

By the time he made the gate my head was swimming from analysis.  

Of course, I didn't WAGER any TC races in 2022.....but I still wanted to "solve the puzzles" so I handicapped all the races dilligently.  :) 

Wintertrian

Oct-7

smartyslew said...

With all of that front speed and him added to the mix the way he keeps coming  reminded me of Lookin At Lee,

A horse Dog's really liked that year, as I remember.