Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Los Al Cash Call   Triple Crown

Started Dec-6 by princeofdoc; 255 views.
princeofdoc

Dec-6

So we have a Derby points race with only 5 entrants?!?  I guess we'll get to see how Baffert's charges are doing....and the following race, the Starlet, also has only 5 entrants for a 300K purse.

On another note, Adorned is debuting as a 3 yr. old at a big price....might have to bet a few on him!

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Dec-7

Ah....Adorned was scratched this morning, unfortunately....

In reply toRe: msg 2
princeofdoc

Dec-9

At this moment, it looks like McKinzie is favored over Solomini....I just can't understand that!  Unless McK is some kind of beast, Solo should romp here.  Hollendorfer's charge was certainly costly, but Smith chooses McKinzie over him, so he must think there is great future value there.  I'm going to play a cold tri Solo/McK/Inst....I have high regard for Solo, he must be chomping at the bit for Baffert to run him back here.

In reply toRe: msg 3
princeofdoc

Dec-9

McKinzie opens at 1/9 in the betting.....remarkable for a horse against winners for the first time, as well as going two turns for the first time.

In reply toRe: msg 4
princeofdoc

Dec-9

What a bulls**t disqualification! Let them race, stewards! I had the tri cold!  Oh well, still love Solomini going forward, and at this point, McKinzie is certainly not the monster he is supposed to be.  He's now 12-1 in the Futures....I decided to bet Instilled Regard instead at 100-1 after the race.

SameSteve G

Dec-9

Agree on the DQ.  Solo brushed Instilled without causing IR to break stride or lose momentum.  IR only experienced an insignificant shift in weight.

Solomini was finishing best & even if IR had remained untouched he would not have had the gas to come back and overtake Solo before the line.

Bum call in an anemic Gr 1 race.  Sorry you got taken down.

What is it with the Cali Stews?  Every day they have a different set of parameters.   All the bettors want is consistency in the calls.

princeofdoc

Dec-9

Their rationale was that it cost him 2nd, not the win.....in other words, if IR finished 2nd ahead of McKinzie, there would be no DQ.  I just think that part of racing includes some bumping, in almost every race.  If they determined the jock intended to compromise the horse, it would be different.

I don't bet much, but I liked my tri enough to bet a straight $25 on it....so it was a costly DQ.  In addition, I think Solo deserves to be the west coast highest point-horse; I do see a highly competitive winter there, with Bolt, Solo, IR and McK thus far, all capable colts.

Gerh

Dec-9

Agree.For me, Solomini won this .Not enough to take him down

SameSteve G

Dec-10

I watched the replay again.  There is no telling if IR races untouched, he gets to McK.  The Stews went outside a reasonable parameter to bring down Solomini.

I think you are exactly correct in that every race features an instance or instances when a horse during the course of the running is stymied, brushed, bumped from the gate or anywhere in the race.

If the stewards called the entire course, every race there would be a DQ.  Like you said, let them race within the bounds of safety & keep your hands off the buzzer.

In reply toRe: msg 1
cubs.fan

Dec-14

Solomini is looking good for the TC next year. I might start 2018 with him on top.