Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Holy Bull   Triple Crown

Started Jan-27 by princeofdoc; 1859 views.
princeofdoc

Jan-27

And another early competitive prep, with two Pletcher colts, Amount and Prime Factor, both of whom have been bet waaay down in the Derby futures at Circa, inexplicably so, imho.  Sure, they both won maiden races, but now under 20-1, while Spielberg is 110-1?!?

I like Greatest Honour here, but will be watching carefully at the others....perhaps Tarantino will pop up at a price.

SameSteve G

Jan-28

Why is Papetu 15-1 on the morning line?

Looks like the overlay of the race.

princeofdoc

Jan-28

If the Mucho becomes a key race, then you'll have play Awesome Gerry in a box with Papetu....big payoff!

SameSteve G

Jan-28

Papeto's trainer is savvy.   I think he did a very good job with an over-achieving type, Gunnavera.

Speaking of the Mucho, I like the winner of that one, Mutasaabeq.   I wish he was with someone other than TAP, though, with his penchant for 4f works & programmed training. 

Last to first on the turf to win, up attending the pace on the dirt to win.  I'll be interested to see his next.

Gerh

Jan-29

Mutasaabeq is off the trail with an injury

In reply toRe: msg 5
SameSteve G

Jan-29

Bummer.  I just looked at news after I saw your post here - shin injury.  Will be back racing later this year according to Pletcher.

Thanks for the heads up, my friend.

Gerh

Jan-29

Any time Steve

PISTOL9

Jan-30

PF was 27-1 when I bet on futures mid Sunday afternoon, ending up 21-1 at close.  Most my money was on exacta with field which is still decent.  That was the only pedigree I saw that looked interesting in the last KD future.  Glad that it is less than 20-1 in LV so I have not missed out on anything.

Edit  I just realized my Quality Road sire bet covers PF as well.  It was around30- when I bet late and ended22-1 which was a huge drop in the last ten minutes.

• Edited January 30, 2021 2:13 pm  by  PISTOL9
In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Jan-30

CRUSHED IT!

smartyslew

Jan-30

There still on the ride out. 
Congrats sweet Hit.

• Edited January 30, 2021 7:06 pm  by  smartyslew