Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Holy Bull   Triple Crown

Started Jan-27 by princeofdoc; 1853 views.
Gerh

Jan-29

Any time Steve

PISTOL9

Jan-30

PF was 27-1 when I bet on futures mid Sunday afternoon, ending up 21-1 at close.  Most my money was on exacta with field which is still decent.  That was the only pedigree I saw that looked interesting in the last KD future.  Glad that it is less than 20-1 in LV so I have not missed out on anything.

Edit  I just realized my Quality Road sire bet covers PF as well.  It was around30- when I bet late and ended22-1 which was a huge drop in the last ten minutes.

• Edited January 30, 2021 2:13 pm  by  PISTOL9
In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

Jan-30

CRUSHED IT!

smartyslew

Jan-30

There still on the ride out. 
Congrats sweet Hit.

• Edited January 30, 2021 7:06 pm  by  smartyslew
DogsUp

Feb-1

+ All.

The field in the post parade had all jocks and out riders wearing dark/black protective virus masks in the Post Parade.

Loading into the gate the favorite #6 and #4 balked at loading into the starting gate, as both assistant starters were wearing white masks. Other assistant starters wore black.

(d)

• Edited February 1, 2021 10:49 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
PISTOL9

Feb-1

Prime factor no factor.  does not look promising from that race.

Gerh

Feb-1

I am willing to give Prime Factor another chance.Forced to travel wide early.According to Trakus, he traveled 22feet more than Tarantino 

In reply toRe: msg 13
princeofdoc

Feb-1

Yes, of course, the horse can still win....but at this point, we're looking at what's needed to win the Derby, and a horse this late in the game, in his 2nd race, showing so little regardless of trouble, simply will not win the Derby.

Both of Todd's horses were unprepared for the 2 turn stakes race vs. more experienced colts, but as he said, there were no allowance races to enter....thus forced to run to see if capable of competing on the trail.  He must have sent out word that PF was ready, able, and magnificent to have his odds so low.....he just didn't know, imho.

Simply due to being from Pletcher's barn, the futures pool and Circa's pool reflected PF's participation....

Gerh

Feb-1

Sure he can still win.Just transfer him to Baffert.

Plus2lbs

Feb-3

Move along....

Lol.