Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fountain Of Youth   Triple Crown

Started Feb-27 by Plus2lbs; 1211 views.
Plus2lbs

Feb-27

Looks like a real top notch card..

Making my annual trip to GP..

It's a grand day...to be sure

Feel younger after that...

• Edited February 27, 2021 6:57 pm  by  Plus2lbs
princeofdoc

Feb-27

I am rooting for Greatest Honour, and will play in the top 2 positions with Tarantino.....underneath I'll play Prime Factor, Jirafales, and Drain the Clock.

The X factor is Fire At Will......is he that good?  Did win the Breeder's Cup Turf for 2 yr. olds, but no race since, and he was big odds in that one.  Breeding doesn't look compelling, one excellent work, new to the surface AND GP, but Maker can certainly score.  Wondering what others think?

SameSteve G

Feb-27

I'm rooting for Greatest Honor, too,  but I do not intend to bet the race.

If one looks at the track bias, as usual Gulf is playing in favor of inside speed around two turns.

I would keep that in mind if I were fashioning an exotic.  It appears you have done so.

As good as Fire At Will has been in his brief career, he joins Greatest Honor as an underlay in the betting IMO.   He might need a race as well.  Never mind the ? how he handles the loose surface & the kickback.

Good luck prince.  Your bet looks solid to me.

smartyslew

Feb-27

Greatest Honour is 2 for 2 at GP and with his style that suggests he is special imo.

Drain The Clock is a horse for the course in sprints.

I agree with you on Fire At Will , I think he has talent and I like Tarantino's pedigree for dirt.
i have heard Pletcher has been paying special attention to Prime Factor since his last race.

I'm a big fan of G. H. and not betting this race.

In the Southwest I'm not betting, but I like Essential Quality win or lose for the Derby with a good effort.

Woodhouse I kinda like his pedigree to hit the board, the thing I don't like ,he raced with Lasix his 2 races

I think Jackies Warrior is bred for this distance and I have no clue who will like the off track.

princeofdoc

Feb-27

Greatest Honour looked good in a no-effort win.....as I thought, Prime Factor was a No Factor, regardless of Todd's attention.  I'll be surprised if he has a horse in the Derby this year, maybe Overtook.

Drain The Clock certainly lasted well, doubt he'll be a factor as the distances lengthen....

And Essential Quality looked the part of Derby favorite....he'll be on top in my Mar. top 20

Msg 1620.6 deleted
smartyslew

Feb-27

I don't think i saw a mirage with G, H. closing splits, Meaning I don't think the field was backing up

to him. The closing splits chart will tell the story. Looked impressive.

In reply toRe: msg 7
smartyslew

Feb-27

I think G. H. ran the last 1/16 in 5.57 thats a WOW.

Last 5/16 in 30.90.

SameSteve G

Feb-27

Ortiz followed Papetu on auto-pilot but then he realized he had to work on Greatest Honor to wake him up into his best stride with some Ramon Dominguez style very purposeful whip strikes.  

GH was really picking them up & laying them down late as his final 1/16th split proves.  I think he even surprised Jose a bit.  :)

Shug has himself a really  good one here.

smartyslew

Feb-27

I'll have to check my numbers when i have a chance.

I think I have ran into a couple gaggles of People that really like G H from the get go

before his last 3 races and it has to be his Dam line that got there attention.

Many g1 winners on both sides of the pond from that family's Dam family.