Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/28/21 by DogsUp; 45364 views.
Oldbettowin

Apr-17

Well there were 12 horses in the Steaks Stakes and at the rate we’re going we might not have many more than that in the derby.  He does have La Troienne and Pocahontas where I like to see them in his pedigree but I have this nagging feeling that Pletcher was dodging the ones at the Fairgrounds and looking for a softer spot for him in Florence.  He ran him in a maiden at Gulfstream then 5 weeks later a maiden at the Fairgrounds then 6 weeks later in the Jeff Ruby.  The Louisiana Derby was only a week earlier.

DogsUp

Apr-17

Just look at it as these trainers have owners that want to go to the Derby. And they place the horses in races where it can best be accomplished.

RAESFAN

Apr-17

That means O Besos gets in! Good!

DogsUp

Apr-17

These guys were all mentored by Wayne D Lukas and his son. They learned about the horse and the client'. Wayne's son Jeff actually taught Pletcher the ropes.

In reply toRe: msg 107
Wintertrian

Apr-17

Looks like Cox's "other horse" is working up a storm at CDX.  Couldn't run ITM at 1-3/16th but can do 1-1/8....I think that's his limit OR he is very inconsistent.   But he's fast, no doubt about that, look at his DI.     DI= 11.00   CD = 1.17

Mandaloun looked super in company going 3/4 from 5/8 this a m at Churchill Downs in 35.81  58.94  111.47 drawing off readily around turn pulling up after 7/8 125.48.

Derby favorite Essential Quality just after track opened at 5:15 a m in company 5/8 from 1/2 47.53  59.96 out 113.46.

Soup and Sandwich with Tyler G up had a target went 5/8 35.67 59.35 going easy galloped out strong 112.13 125.03.

DogsUp

Apr-17

I can't wait to see who rides Sainthood. 

$40 horse beat me in pk 5 @ OP

• Edited April 17, 2021 8:16 pm  by  DogsUp
Wintertrian

Apr-17

Who is riding Obesos?  
WHERE can I even find riding assignments w/out looking alll over twitter, etc. 

DogsUp

Apr-17

Those riders come late with 2 weeks to go. Because they have to leave their home track.

Gerh

Apr-17

Marcelino Pedroza has the mount in the derby

DogsUp

Apr-17

I watched the video on Tom Brady "before" the Super Bowl.

And I encourage racing dudes and dudesses to dig for anecdotal information on Derby horses. It's called  Data mining.

Here is the exercise.

https://youtu.be/JqPOwy_EuvU

Who's gonna win the Super Bowl.

• Edited April 17, 2021 8:41 pm  by  DogsUp