Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/28/21 by DogsUp; 46725 views.
DogsUp

Apr-17

These guys were all mentored by Wayne D Lukas and his son. They learned about the horse and the client'. Wayne's son Jeff actually taught Pletcher the ropes.

In reply toRe: msg 107
Wintertrian

Apr-17

Looks like Cox's "other horse" is working up a storm at CDX.  Couldn't run ITM at 1-3/16th but can do 1-1/8....I think that's his limit OR he is very inconsistent.   But he's fast, no doubt about that, look at his DI.     DI= 11.00   CD = 1.17

Mandaloun looked super in company going 3/4 from 5/8 this a m at Churchill Downs in 35.81  58.94  111.47 drawing off readily around turn pulling up after 7/8 125.48.

Derby favorite Essential Quality just after track opened at 5:15 a m in company 5/8 from 1/2 47.53  59.96 out 113.46.

Soup and Sandwich with Tyler G up had a target went 5/8 35.67 59.35 going easy galloped out strong 112.13 125.03.

DogsUp

Apr-17

I can't wait to see who rides Sainthood. 

$40 horse beat me in pk 5 @ OP

• Edited April 17, 2021 8:16 pm  by  DogsUp
Wintertrian

Apr-17

Who is riding Obesos?  
WHERE can I even find riding assignments w/out looking alll over twitter, etc. 

DogsUp

Apr-17

Those riders come late with 2 weeks to go. Because they have to leave their home track.

Gerh

Apr-17

Marcelino Pedroza has the mount in the derby

DogsUp

Apr-17

I watched the video on Tom Brady "before" the Super Bowl.

And I encourage racing dudes and dudesses to dig for anecdotal information on Derby horses. It's called  Data mining.

Here is the exercise.

https://youtu.be/JqPOwy_EuvU

Who's gonna win the Super Bowl.

• Edited April 17, 2021 8:41 pm  by  DogsUp
Wintertrian

Apr-17

DogsUp said...

$40 horse beat me in pk 5 @ OP

Oh, I have a worse story for today.  I ahve a "lucky superfecta" I play occassionally for a number of years. 

I don't do oaklawn much on Saturdays as it's my unlucky day there. 

My lucky superfecta came in on a race there today and paid over $4800. 

:)   Gambling!  Horses!

Ticketman

Apr-17

BOL bro on the Derby this year ...

I like Sainthood a bit ....

I don't like EQ .... I have him 3rd or out of the money ....

Wintertrian

Apr-17

So tell us why you dont' like EQ.   Easy to toss that out w/no explanation.  I see people toss out the "chalk" every time there's a big race.  

Surely there are specific reasons you don't like him.   

Only thing I like about him is that he's a model of consistency. 

The touts must be "talkin up"  Sainthood, since very few select brought him up 2 weeks ago...... I guess it was when they found out he could work on dirt?   His races already showed that ability and was game as heck when he ran on dirt.