Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started Feb-28 by DogsUp; 35072 views.
DogsUp

Apr-30

I have often thought of going to the Eclipse awards and doing imitations of trainers. 

FOR WAYNE LUKAS IMITATION:  I'd turn back to audience. Put on aviator glasses, cow boy hat. Fake big teeth. Turn to audience with big WTF smile. Wave hand a bit. Point and poke finger to audience both sides 

Opener: You probably know I'm used to staying up this late, sometimes never going home at night and right to the AM works. Am I keeping you up Todd?

Then a female (part of routine) walks on stage with mic to interview. Wayne gives her the look over while acknowlging to audience he's doing it.

SHE: Good evening Mr. Lukas.

W: You can call me Wayne. Maybe latter Big Daddy.

S: Will you bring your horse back to the K Derby next year to defend his title?  

W: (Diplomatically) I wish I could? You know little darling; tonight is the first time I've heard of you. How'd you get here?

S: My dad just bought 7 stables at different tracks.

W: Maybe I can give you an exclusive interview with your Dad tomorrow for dinner.

I guess our times up (introduce winner Eclipse winner together. 

Imitation of TODD:

T:How do like the new look?  SWIPES his white goatee.

Pulls the same austentatious recognizable sunglasses Wayne was wearing and puts them on.

Looks over at Wayne (while putting on the fake teeth) audience doesn't see Todd doing this.

Says to Wayne: How'm I doing.

Wayne breaks up and crowd follows..claps.

Todd: Turns back to audience with fake teeth..zhit eating smile.

T: Don't laugh. I just ordered some chaps.

Same interview lady.

Todd what do your horses look like for tomorrow's big day races.

Todd: Glasses + teeth off.

Jesuit priest demeanor. Confessing to mom he ate the pie for Thanksgiving day dinner already.

Well. We had a case of sniffles in the barn. We've done everything possible. 

I wish I could say we'd be more than ready tomorrow. (Todd realizes he made a subconscious joke).

Looks at the audience.

T:Hey maybe I can do stand-up if I don't get horses.

T: Well bragging is not my style. Or showboating with a big long white lock of hair running down the side of my right face.

Audience knows this is Baffert.

T: As usual when my horse is saddled, rider up. Out of the gate. Watch his run. And hopes for a win. It is only then that I can confidently say something specifically about my chances.

Yet without fail..I've never..ever said I didn't like even one of my runners AM works.

BAFFERT: There making a horse movie at Santa Anita. Anyone want to be a co star?

I've got so many good horses sent to me that when the van driver shows up he asks me how much to bet in the winter book on them.

In reply toRe: msg 305
DogsUp

Apr-30

Spread above to read.

In reply toRe: msg 306
DogsUp

May-1

Well I've thought about my notes to myself. Here is the post that makes sense. NYRA circuit Jockeys. They are my keys. Of course sound Tri wheels will have long shots.

The Post

Picture the 20 jocks dining all together. One small drink.

Then their riding assignments are pill drawn. Things would change 

Top jocks will be in there. Out ride out think out maneuver and know.. when to ride their colt 

In reply toRe: msg 304
DogsUp

May-1

I guess if I had really studied the Tom Brady video in earnest I would realize it was Baffert's story.

SameSteve G

May-1

Good point, Dogs.  

In reply toRe: msg 308
DogsUp

May-10

"It's  not over till the Fat Lady sings." YOGI BERRA

Baffert interview 

https://youtu.be/IFleIm0oGTg

'Sometimes the shark eats the kid.'    There's no explanation for it 

In reply toRe: msg 310
DogsUp

May-10

Horse med injection takes just seconds.

https://youtu.be/gejEDjh_uWs

Medina Spirit like all Derby runners was scoped out physically and for blood April 18th. And passed.

• Edited May 10, 2021 1:08 am  by  DogsUp
Msg 1621.312 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 311
DogsUp

May-10

Bob is old news now..

Jennifer Lopez And Ben Affleck Reportedly Took Their Maybe Romance On Vacation.

Better than WW 3