Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Irad Ortiz punches Paco Lopez   General Discussions

Started Mar-1 by TexSquared; 1164 views.
DogsUp

Mar-4

This is the only occupation that an ambulance follows one around while one performs a most dangerous of jobs.

The jockey guild colony leader is the lead peace maker when facilitation is necessary behind closed jockeys room doors.

There is such an unwritten thing where a colony can tacitly invoke a lack of confidence to ride in races with a dangerous jock.  Kiss of death. No one will give him/her mounts.

I was at the Meadowlands one night and following the race on an icy sloppy track  where a guy jock had got into Julie Krone's grill lacking caution for the surface.

She went over to the offender and let him have it. 

• Edited March 4, 2021 2:58 pm  by  DogsUp
smartyslew

Mar-5

Yes that is in my tool box and the draw for post positions is important for me especially in a

20 horse field. You have to also recognize when a Young Jock with the prospects of being very good

matures and learns to get rid of bad habits. Some of them when young didn't recognize fear or have fear

made some mistakes learned what fear is. Its like many young men that didn't have fear thought they would give boxing a try. some of those when they got hit hard in the nose, decided it wasn't for them.
Irad was a top prospect when a apprentice and made a lot of bad rides that some trainers would not put him on a horse then . he needed to mature and learn from his mistakes and today they use him.

Saying that once in awhile he still makes that mistake like that ride in that race.

So i have that noted.