Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Derby Top 20   Triple Crown

Started Mar-2 by princeofdoc; 1179 views.
DogsUp

Mar-3

A . Essential Quality

B. Collaborate / Hotrod Charlie/The Great One (by Doug's Derby winner Nyquist + named after Wayne Gretsky

C. ALL

A/C/B

B/A/C

C/A/B

Attention to those who won their last race and weight carried

ChiefsCrown

Mar-4

I like your top 9. Not a fan of Baffert's Medina Spirit, do like Concert Tour though.

Collaborate gets in the top 2 of the Fla. Derby i can see him cracking the top 10.

Would love to see Known Agenda make the Derby field.

princeofdoc

Mar-5

Agree....warmed up to Known Agenda after re-watching the Sam Davis, ran on impressively, and liked Todd's decision to enter in an Alw at 9f, won impressively.

RAESFAN

Mar-5

Crowded Trade jumping in the deep end against the likes of Freedom Fighter and Highly Motivated. I hope he’s up to it, and at least runs well enough to take the next step in the Trail.

RAESFAN

Mar-17

1) Essential Quality - You have to beat the champ to be the champ.
2) Life Is Good - Looks like the most talented runner in a deep crop.
3) Concert Tour - Impressive demolition of Caddo River in the Rebel
4) Greatest Honour - Best closer after EQ.
5) Medina Spirit - A cut below LIG, but then who isn't?
6) Prevalence - Could be as good as any. I need to see him against better.
7) Crowded Trade - Had to resist the urge to place him higher. Can't wait for the Wood to see what direction he goes!
8) Mandaloun -These next three have to separate themselves. I don't know how to rate them relative to each other.
9) Proxy
10) Midnight Bourbon
11) Weyburn - Still burning over the Gotham. I thought Crowded Trade would run by him. 
12) Hot Rod Charlie - BC Juvy is still in my head.
13) Helium - Stock rose sharply in TB.
14) Highly Motivated - Had an excuse in the Gotham...I guess.
15) Risk Taker - Let's see what he does in the Wood, which is shaping up tough if Prevalence shows up there.
16) Roman Centurian - Has talent, but I don't believe he can handle the top tier.
17) Hidden Stash - Ran a good race against Helium, but the race itself wasn't that fast.
18) Senor Buscador - He has to redeem himself in my eyes.
19) Spielberg - A bit of an underachiever. I keep expecting a bit more.
20) Collaborate -  Impressive race in last. Let's see what he does in stakes company.
20b.) Excellent Timing - Damon Runyon was slow, but he wasn't asked.
20c.) Nicky the Vest - Looks to be ready to jump into deeper waters. Let's see how he does.
  • Edited March 17, 2021 12:40 pm  by  RAESFAN
princeofdoc

Mar-18

Love your comments, Raes!  I agree wholeheartedly with the top 3, and they seem a cut ahead of the crop....

Gerh

Mar-20

According to DRF, Life is Good will miss the Santa Anita derby after picking up an injury during a workout.Elliot Walden thinks he could be out for a few months

In reply toRe: msg 15
smartyslew

Mar-20

Vintage Baffert its sad every year first teamers like Nadal last year, Some years his deep bench

gives up 2 or 3 weeks before the Derby.

In reply toRe: msg 15
princeofdoc

Mar-20

Was an amazing workout too, very fast.....too bad

RAESFAN

Mar-21

Maybe too fast. Sad though. He is obviously a very talented horse. From a betting standpoint, I was looking forward to great odds on just about everybody else.