Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sat. 3/6 Derby preps   Triple Crown

Started Mar-6 by princeofdoc; 1287 views.
SameSteve G

Mar-9

Bill Casner doesn't name names but this Op-Ed has stood the test of time.  The top end of the sport is where the sophisticated cheats operate.  They can afford the cutting edge stuff for which no current tests exist.

Excerpt:

"One drug that has decades of continuous use is EPO. There is no doubt that it has been used at the highest level. There has never been a horse to test positive for it post-race because everyone knows that it can only be detected in the first 24 to 36 hours after administration (requiring a sophisticated expensive test) and it is always given days or even weeks out. The only way it will ever be caught is with Out-of-Competition Testing, which is virtually non-existent in North American horse racing. "

Another excerpt:

"Today, the selection and availability of designer drugs produced in clandestine labs is unlimited. Computer models have given the underground chemist the ability to modify a known drug, whether anabolic, narcotic or stimulant, tweaking the molecule and making small doses even more powerful, and guess what–it doesn't test because it hasn't been identified and there is no organized effort to develop the test. "

The entire column is here & worth the read.  There is no reason to doubt Casner. 

Happily, the HOrse Racing Intergrity & Safety Act is now law & the USADA will be in charge of anti-doping.  That outfit has the experience dealing with high-end undetectables.  They freeze samples for 10 years so the tests can catch up with the cheats & they perform out of competition testing.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/op-ed-bill-casner-shared-archive/

We deserve  clean sport as bettors & so do the honest trainers who do not cheat.

RAESFAN

Mar-9

I hope they eventually catch someone and make an example out of them. Banned for life, and no entry into the HOF! Maybe even a stint in jail too! I've been in sports all my life, and have always wondered how people can feel gratified by a win they had to cheat to get.

In reply toRe: msg 15
PISTOL9

Mar-31

After Life is Good run in the San Felipe, I was ready to throw this year out.    Still not a fan of Into Mischief at 10f, but the dam is not all that bad, better than some BBs I've seen in recent years.  So, was he really injured?  A Justify SA result?  Makes one wonder.  Have to see if a BB has another cranked up.  Essential Quality is still the only on my list, except he has not ran a good pace yet that I want to see, but he has not had too.   LaD and FD winners both had good runs in their wins, although FD had the perfect trip.  Looking forward to BG with EQ and Hidden stash, I kind of liked his Tampa Bay race.  Has the obvious TF.

smartyslew

Mar-31

Doxa Exacta, does Stan Know?

DogsUp

Mar-31

Third time a charm. Jockey Luis Saez 'has won* a Kentucky Derby  ala DQ 2020. And again that year with Derby-jinx fated Maximum Security at Dubai with the Big Onepurse distribution/ for winning still in deliberation.

Saez riding last 10 years top 10 -top 3. Between NYRA & Florida.

The colt is well named. Only need the essential time to win.

• Edited March 31, 2021 8:37 pm  by  DogsUp
PISTOL9

Mar-31

I had not thought about that being the Doxa Ex., had not seen anything from him in a couple years, hope he is still ok and kicking.

smartyslew

Mar-31

You know La Troienne conduit has won 10 TC races, 4 KD, 4 Prk., 2 Belmonts.

Doxa one kd- Spend a Buck.

PISTOL9

Apr-1

I think the original Doxa exacta box was not entirely through La Troienne, Ice Box I think was not through her. In fact more in common with SaB

I always look for La Troienne through certain daughters, not all

PISTOL9

Apr-2

The original Doxa Exacta one was not through La Troienne, Ice Box I think was not, in fact I think he shared SaB tail.  I always look for La Troienne, but not all her daughters.