Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Oaks 2021   Triple Crown

Started Mar-10 by RAESFAN; 272 views.
RAESFAN

Mar-10

As usual this time of year, all the rage is the boys and the Kentucky Derby. That's why it was so gratifying to see one of the ladies crash the TC party at a price! Can that happen again this year? Last year it was all about the Baffert filly, Gamine, during the spring. Once it was determined that she wouldn't take on the the boys, any conversation about the fillies became a soliloquy involving one horse.

Last year's BC Juvy Filly champ failed spectacularly in her only start this year, and we have yet to see Dayoutoftheoffice, another big filly of last year. So far this year, most people I've talked to are in love with the two fillies that came out of the Rachel Alexandra Stakes at the FG, Clairiere and Travel Column, or the Baffert filly, Beautiful Gift.

I'm still in a holding pattern, because the filly that impressed me most this year was a Kelly Breen trained, daughter of Malibu Moon, out of a Sweetsouthernsaint mare. The same weekend that everyone was going crazy over an impressive firster named Prevalence, the filly, Slumber Party turned in an almost identical performance, that got totally lost in the shuffle. Unfortunately, like Prevalence, she has not returned to race since. The horse that ran second to her in her debut by 6 lengths(Pass the Champagne), did return to win easily, fairly impressively herself at the same 7f distance. Look out for her wherever she shows up again.

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

Apr-2

Probably too late for Slumber Party to make the Oaks, but she is getting ready to finally run back from her debut. The Beaumont at Keenland goes of in a few minutes!

princeofdoc

Apr-3

So who do you like in the filly races today?