Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cheltenham Festival   European Racing

Started Mar-18 by TexSquared; 412 views.
Gerh

Mar-18

He was fantastic yesterday.For such a small horse,he gets over the fences well.He has been withdrawn from the Grand National because the owner felt he was assigned too much weight by the handicapper.

In reply toRe: msg 3
SameSteve G

Mar-18

Yes, I saw that.   I think the owner is correct to withdraw despite the shot at 3 Grand National victories.  When TR won the Grand National in 2019, at 9, he was rated 159.  The 166 rating is severe.  I believe the owner when he says he taking care of his horse.  

The side note is that the great Red Rum's 3 Grand National wins will be safe well into the future.  

Gerh

Mar-18

The 166 was far too severe IMHO.Handicapper rarely does the Irish trained horses any favors.

Red Rum was something special.Still can’t believe he caught Crisp for the first one.Crisp and L’Escargot finished 2nd and 3rd that year and were pretty good horses themselves.

SameSteve G

Mar-21

Don't know if you've seen this video on the great Tiger Roll but I found it very entertaining & well worth the 12 (+) minutes to watch.

Gives a nice slice of the horse culture there & the popularity of Tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzdzGPTugk

horseman1985

Apr-10

wow never heard of this show before!