Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dubai World Cup 2021   Handicapping

Started Mar-23 by Pedigreestar; 754 views.
Pedigreestar

Mar-24

ubai World Cup Day Sheema Classic Group 1

Purely based on Pedigreestar system Name Charts probable winner should be from

1)Mogul

2) Loves Only you

3) Berkshire Rocco

Loves Only You has the best Name chart.

Ravi Gowande

www.Pedigreestar.com

ChiefsCrown

Mar-24

In the Sheema Classic R8....i have a $2 tri/box going with Mogul, Channel Maker and Simsir.

Have a feeling Mishriff bounces in this edition after the huge Saudi win....jmo!

Pedigreestar

Mar-26

Mishriff is running in Sheema Classic bit surpricing for me they should have gone for the Dubai world Cup. Its Owners/Trainers call.

Ravi Gowande

Pedigreestar 

Plus2lbs

Mar-27

Ist up is the Arabians..

7/13

#5 no doubt winner..

Nice Mile winner.

#11 Subjectivist 3/1

Easy winner...

#3 Khaadem 8/1 5mtp....

Dummy...

I only like one horse today..and she's not even running at this track..

So ima sit on my hands..till she runs.

Enjoy

• Edited March 27, 2021 9:57 am  by  Plus2lbs
DogsUp

Mar-27

Be it what it it is, in betting a name, color of silks or horse, or lucky numbers, I rarely employ this divine opportunity. Even when believing in Jesus or the philly's name is my daughter's name spelled exactly, including middle name. Perhaps: throw these 2 exceptions in albeit. 

Accordingly, Capezzano as a nearly close Italian translation of the word is New Year, then perhaps a timely name in the skew of these things. And looking back at the last year and to the hopes of this year...I wish all my very best for a healthy and content New Year. (d)

• Edited March 27, 2021 10:34 am  by  DogsUp
DogsUp

Mar-27

USA post time q12:40 and bets in about 12:15 pm to 12:20 just in case.

Many US horses running under the lights there.

I was at the NJ Med track the night undefeated Triple Crown winner lost first time that September under the lights.

• Edited March 27, 2021 10:48 am  by  DogsUp
DogsUp

Mar-27

Not bad. M/L fav won wheeled Capazzano in tris. Cap was 50/1 ML.

The adage: Horses under night lights and even days wear a shadow roll; because they're afraid of their own shadow.

Just like horses are turf only; can't even stand up on dirt.

• Edited March 27, 2021 1:37 pm  by  DogsUp
RAESFAN

Mar-28

I was sitting with some friends waiting for the Fla. Derby, and was amused listening to the talk about Mishriff. I was not able to get to the local OTB venue to bet on him, but had called a couple of them to tell them that he was the horse to bet in the Saudi race based on my analysis. They both got big wins, and were commended by other bettors for "having" him in that race. Fast forward to today, and folks were turning to them as the experts on all things Mishriff. I found it amusing.

This horse is at the top of his game right now, and showed tremendous versatility in his last two races to employ very different tactics. He was ridden as the best in the race today, and his wide trip into the stretch, almost cost him. Will they go to the Arc or the BC Classic with him if he stays on form?

In reply toRe: msg 10
TexSquared

Mar-28

As I do every year, I look at the Stewards' Reports after the Dubai World Cup to see what fines and suspensions were handed down... go figure, only one, and I think we all saw this one coming:

Jockey L Saez (MYSTIC GUIDE (USA)) was fined AED 50,000, under the provisions of ERA Rule 69B(c)(vii) for using his whip in consecutive strides on two occasions in the straight, first occasion being two times and the second occasion being four times. In assessing the penalty Stewards noted that today’s event was a Group 1 Race worth US$12 million and that he won the race.

I wondered if he whipped too much...  AED 50,000 = USD 13,614.70

Watching the race again, he put away Magny Cours at the 1/8 pole, and he over-reacted when he saw Chuwa Wizard coming to his inside (when he was already 3 lengths clear at the 1/16) so he hits the horse 4 times in a row starting at the Longines timer, which looks to be about 50 yards from the finish.  

If this was the Saudi Cup he probably gets a week suspension and a much larger fine.

ChiefsCrown

Mar-28

Mishriff is on the top of his game right now. I can definately see him in the Arc. 

Possibly running in the BC Turf.

I didn't have him in the Dubai race...To my dismay i bet a tri box of the bottom finishers as i thought Simsir, Mogul and Channel Maker would have made the trifecta.

Always next year!