Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

UAE Derby   Triple Crown

Started Mar-26 by SameSteve G; 2069 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Pedigreestar

Mar-26

Based on My Pedigreestar System I have shortlisted as under winner can emerge from following.

1) Pink Kameehmeha

2) France Go De Ina

3) El Patriota

4) Rebels Romance

5) New Treasure

6) Fire Group.

My First Choice is New Treasure.  

Ravi Gowande

Pedigreestar

horseman1985

Mar-27

I love Pink Kameehmeha so I hope your list will come true. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
SameSteve G

Mar-27

Rebel's Romance much the best.  Off smartly, dropped back, raced wide & had plenty left in the drive.

Wintertrian

Mar-29

SameSteve G said...

Rebel's Romance much the best.  Off smartly, dropped back, raced wide & had plenty left in the drive.

Thanks, Steve.   I would love to see this one come over for The Belmont Stakes.   Would be a fierce contender for that distance. Those UAE Derby winners are close to my heart:  Thunder Snow, my "ex horse boyfriend" Mubtaahij, Lani, Mendelssohn......always incredible!!! I always fall hard for them. 

Or this Japan beauty who just won the Fukuryu Stakes
Good grief look at the pedigree.......he probably doesn't even start moving til 10F......
https://www.pedigreequery.com/god+selection

SameSteve G

Mar-29

I love those horses, too.  My imagination goes in that direction because I have consistently rooted for an international horse to come & win The Kentucky Derby. 

Upset the traditional apple cart.  Like when the mighty Black Caviar (who was far from her best form on the day) made the daunting trip to England to win at Ascot in 2012.  

I rejoiced. :)

ChiefsCrown

Mar-29

Thinking here is this years Kentucky Derby is a wide affair, at least 10 horse have a legit shot at the win. Rebel's Romance and Essential Quality have a big chance here. I knew nothing about RR until his win in the UAE.

SameSteve G

Mar-29

Unlike Essential Quality, who has raced in the US his entire career, Rebel's Romance has only raced overseas & if he does come over for the KD without a stateside prep will be facing the same significant hurdle the other UAE Derby winners who never raced stateside also faced.

He'll only be worth backing at a big price.

On the other hand, if Essential Quality makes a good showing in The Blue Grass, he will be heading to Louisville as one of the KD favorites.

There's no question whatsoever that Godolphin highly covets roses on the 1st Saturday in May.

RAESFAN

Mar-29

They also own Prevalence, correct? They won't have a better shot than this year!

SameSteve G

Mar-29

Yes & headed to The Wood if I'm not mistaken.

RAESFAN

Mar-29

Bring him on. Crowded Trade barely got beat by Weyburn, got the same beyer, yet I saw the latter on several top ten lists. I hope CT proves he belongs with another strong effort in the Wood.