Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ark Derby   Triple Crown

Started Apr-4 by princeofdoc; 2766 views.
princeofdoc

Apr-4

Last event to collect the points necessary to get to the Derby gate.....sure, the Lexington is happening too, but the winner only gets 20pts.

At this point, it looks like only 6 will be going, unfortunately, unless Asmussen surprises us with Swiftsure.  Get Her Number has every right to improve, but it will be a tall order.  Hozier and Concert Tour will be representing BB, and hopefully Roman Centurian makes the trip.  Caddo River will go with different instructions for his jock. 

Could be anti-climatic, but then again, I suppose we can hope for the unexpected.

Wintertrian

Apr-4

Hozier.  :snicker:  in the Ky Derby.  
I'll wager on him now.........close to dead last. 

A mere 6 horses is rather unusual for OP.  Even the daily races have at least 8-9 but quite often 12 horse fields.  I suspect there will be some entries we dont know about yet..........

RAESFAN

Apr-4

I suspect there will be some entries we dont know about yet.........

Hope springs eternal at this time of the year, and after what we saw in the Wood yesterday, no one is without a shot until they are!

princeofdoc

Apr-4

Looks like Dallas Stewart will probably enter Last Samurai, making it 7 entrants at this point.....

smartyslew

Apr-7

I never thought this race would be a joke this year. a gift for somebody.

With his luck probably Baffert's other horse.

10 entrants for the Lexington with Head case Tapit horse Proxy not ready for and passing the Derby

I was hoping he would be in the Arkansas as a stepping stone for the Belmont with maybe

the best pedigree in this bunch for the Belmont with that Tapit P/N pedigree, So far he isn't mentally

sound for the TC. you would think the 9f race would be better than the shorter race.

A red Flag he's still a work in progress.

DogsUp

Apr-8

6 runners in Arky.

2.20. 2.20. 2.10

PISTOL9

Apr-8

I don't think I have ever seen an Ark field this small, always seems to have at least 9-10 at a minimum.

Wintertrian

Apr-9

smartyslew said...

I never thought this race would be a joke this year. a gift for somebody.

With his luck probably Baffert's other horse.

10 entrants for the Lexington with Head case Tapit horse Proxy not ready for and passing the Derby

I was hoping he would be in the Arkansas as a stepping stone for the Belmont with maybe

the best pedigree in this bunch for the Belmont with that Tapit P/N pedigree, So far he isn't mentally

sound for the TC. you would think the 9f race would be better than the shorter race.

A red Flag he's still a work in progress.

Reminds me of Solemini........head case, great talent. 

I would love for Hozier to win the AR Derby, only because I'd have an easy/peasy TOSS for the KY Derby.   

I don't think i"ve ever seen an AR Derby with this small of a field, a million $$ and this is all they got.  Wow.   

Wintertrian

Apr-9

smartyslew said...

the best pedigree in this bunch for the Belmont with that Tapit P/N pedigree

Out of all the TC races, for The Belmont in particular, I believe "mentality" is one of the most important components for this race. 

I mean, you watch Secretariat's Belmont and it's just NOT about physicality or breeding...... at all.   He had this incredible mentality.   

Tapits are often nutcases as we know.  Ask Steve Asmussen.....he'll tell ya.  And he's pretty "good" with Tapits.  LOL  (I did actually have this convo with him on a slow day once......)

Guess for now we are "stuck" with  Rombauer, Hidden Agenda, Rock Your World, Rebel's Romance---and I don't mind really.  If the Japan horses come over for that, watch out though.  There are some amazeballs over there.     

Oldbettowin

Apr-9

Concert Tour by about 4 lengths in front of Super Stock.  That should be sufficient to make him one of the derby favorites.

I think the Lexington will be a little closer, with Proxy edging out Swiftsure.