Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

KY Derby Leaderboard   Triple Crown

Started Apr-4 by Wintertrian; 5075 views.
smartyslew

Apr-7

Ok, thanks, remember to look how far past the finish line the 4 did.

Good cadence, geared down if at all and distance past the finish.

Wintertrian

Apr-7

smartyslew said...

Rebel finished faster than Rock Your World, and Rock started faster both hit 8f in 96.27
in my eyes they both looked awesome. HRC finished fast.

3 interesting trips.
--

Rock Your World

22.42, 23.69, 24.53, 25.63, 12.90

2f) 22.42, (4f)46.11,(6f) 70.64, (8f)96.27,  (9f)109.17
--

Hot Rod Charlie
23.10, 23.94, 24.21, 25.13, 18.68 -3/16 f

2f)23.10, (4f) 47.04, (6f) 71.25, (8f) 96.38,  115.06

I was looking at some final Fs and it looks like Known Agenda, Greatest Honour, Hot Rod Charlie, OBesos, Proxy and Essential Quality all had very fast final figs, too.   Does that shore up with anything you guys have?  the first 2 had the best times in the chart I looked at but they are not my own figs. 

cubs.fan

Apr-7

Which #4? Essential Quality?

cubs.fan

Apr-7

The top 3 from Bluegrass and Known Agenda came home in under 37 from what I've seen. I need to go back and look at O Besos.

RAESFAN

Apr-7

I don’t know if RR is coming. I know Godolphin for a long time insisted on doing things their own way. Now they campaign liberally in the US, but I don’t think they would give away a legitimate opportunity to still get it done the old way. I’m sure that would’ve sweet. I sure hope so they bring him. 

As far as the speed of the race goes, from what I understand, there was no run up this year. That makes the time look even better. Also, I don’t know if he has to run that way. The jock said the horse wanted to run earlier, and that he had to “contain him”.  Remember no one thought Mishriff would be so forwardly placed against the Big 2 from America. He has some miler pedigree to go back to, with all that route breeding.

RAESFAN

Apr-7

There are several horses fitting the profile of recent forwardly placed Derby winners. Fast early, slow late races at 9f. Rebel’s Romance will certainly come running. The question is, how close can he stay early on.

Wintertrian

Apr-7

cubs.fan said...

The top 3 from Bluegrass and Known Agenda came home in under 37 from what I've seen. I need to go back and look at O Besos.

Only ones I see at under 37 are Known Agenda and OBesos (36.85).  Timeform guy posted them but he does "adj" last F. 

W/out adj someone figured Known Agenda, Essential Quality, Highly Motivated all sub 37...so sounds like you got it right.

Wouldn't hurt to check OBesos!

MOving into the 37 range the fastest seems to be Greatest Honour?

As for the Euros, they seem like they are not used to the kind of speed that happens in Derby.   I'm looking at Rebel's extremely low DI and CD and he does seem to run like that.  Every  year they come over and they are just not fast enough?   Then they do better in the Belmont?  They are 11F-13F horses.  not built for 9-10F which is what we are used to ?  I dunno, I keep watching it play out every time they come over.   Even though I put them on my ticket and root for them    LOL

smartyslew

Apr-7

I haven't got to all the splits yet. I was focused on the horses in Cubs message only !

smartyslew

Apr-7

The 4 horses you highlighted in your post, that picqued my interest !

Of course Look at others not highlighted in your message.

One of your 4 listed really got my attention.

smartyslew

Apr-7

That's a very good observation and imo there are some very good Pedigrees on the Leaderboard

this year with a good mix of styles and I'm looking for a high quality race from start to finish

that isn't easy to handicap. I would love to see him come over.

the breeding improved a lot since they went to this point system and imo

there isn't enough classic distance races to show case what we have, It's a shame.