Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Triple Crown Series   Triple Crown

Started Apr-18 by smartyslew; 23971 views.
Wintertrian

Jun-5

Essential Quality showed the field what happens when you have a superior quality 12F horse on the track.  

I bet he'd do fine on the grass?  They should send him over to some classy races on the lawn over the pond.    

princeofdoc

Jun-5

I can never understand the big drop in odds AFTER the race goes.....seems like with everything computerized, prices should be immediate.

I found a bet on line Thursday that had EQ at 2.60, so I made my bet then, quite happily.....

The 7.50-1 on the exacta was rather low, but the 21-1 on the tri was better....and the 60-1 on the super was very good, all things considered

Plus2lbs

Jun-5

Ended on a High Note..for sure..

But is it over...

Who won the Derby?..

In reply toRe: msg 80
smartyslew

Jun-5

Mr P / Nor Dancer

That was easy..

In reply toRe: msg 184
smartyslew

Jun-5

Starting with message 121 in this thread I scored the angles that worked and the ones that didn't

work for the Belmont stakes this year, for those interested in both performance angles and pedigree

scoring from placements in a pedigree that work for the belmont.

smartyslew

Jun-5

Baffert's Lawyers will keep it in the courts for years . 

Plus2lbs

Jun-6

Spectacular Stuff Smartyslew..for sure

Gerh

Jun-6

I don’t know Rob.I saw an interview with one of Baffert’s lawyers and got the feeling he got his law degree at Trump University 

smartyslew

Jun-6

I think it will be in Mitch's State with selected Trump Judges

I hope not, but who can you trust in this world we live in ..

Wintertrian

Jun-6

Gerh said...

I saw an interview with one of Baffert’s lawyers and got the feeling he got his law degree at Trump University 

Well we cannot ensure justice for this race.....but at this point  Baffert's reputation, both nationally and internationally has been tarnished and which he deserves.  

Linda Rice still had an entry in the True North, and Flagstff, who's trainer Sadler was supposed to be under probabation for his 3 drug positives in 2019, and which he violated in Sept 2020 (which we didn't hear about unitl May 2021) by administering bisphosponates to Flagstaff, also had a horse in the True North. 

These people are still allowed to make hundreds of thousands of $$.   This would not happen in the majority of non-U.S. racing jurisdictions across the planet.  

At any rate, we can be part of the problem or part of the solution, and the former does nothing good for the horses.   Yes, yawn-yawn-yawn-yawn, we all know that U.S. racing is tainted, but I will keep speaking out .....not for my wagers but for the horses who deserve better.   

I actually don't mind being the broken record because I'm advocating for those who cannot speak up for themselves.