Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 126860 views.
smartyslew

12/2/21

fillies  thru 12/2/21
-------
Aint Easy 1st g2
Already Charming (T)
Always Connected (T) sprinter
All Luck
Averly Jane (T) sprinter
\Awake At Midnyte (T)
Beachfront Bid (T)
Blissful (T)
Bubble Rock (T) sprinter
Buff My Boots 
Cachet (T)
Cairo Memories (T)
California Angel (T)1st G2
Cecilita (T)
Classic Lynne (T)
Classy Edition
Cocktail Moments
Come On Sweet Luv  sprinter
Consumer Spending (T)
Curbs And Cones  Sprinter
Daisy Bee (T)
Desert Dawn
Determined Star (T)
Diamond Wow (T) Miler 2nd G2
Distinctlypossible  2nd g1
Dream Lith 
Dressed (T) G2
Echo Zulu  24.2 last Q
Eda
Electric Ride 2nd g2
Eminent Victor (T) 3rd g1
Empire Gal 
Famed  4th golden Rod
Fortunata Tensio (T)
Full Focus
Gal In A Rush (T) sprinter
Gimme Mo Baby(T)
Go Bears Go  (T) sprinter
Golden Sights sprinter
Grace Adler bad trip
Hals Dream (T) turn of feet
Haughty (T)
Helens Well (IRE) (T)
Hello You (IRE) (T)1st g2
Hemmerle  (T)
Hidden Connection
Jaccaci (T)
Juju's Map  1st g1
Koala Princess (T)
Kinchen (IRE) (T)
Kneesnhips (T)
La Crete
Lady Milagrow  (T)
Lia Marina (T) sprinter
Liams Dove (T) Miler
Macadamia (FR) (T)
Marissas Lady  sprinter
McKulick (GB) (T)
Mi Negrita
Mise En Scene
Miss Mattie B. (T)
Misthaven (IRE)(T)
My Zip Zip Miler
Nest
Opalina (T)
Openthegate (T) 
Optionality
OutFoxed 
Paris Paramour (T)
Park On The Nile
Penny Saver
Pizza Bianca (T) 2nd g1
Precious Insight (T)
Radio Days  sprinter
Ready To Purrform (T)
Roughly A Diamond (T)
Sail By (T) 1.43.21  lastQ 22.95
Sandstone MSW 8f Last Q 25.09(Slop) 3rd golden rod
Saratoga Chrome (T)
Scenic View  rf
Sequist  3rd g1
Silvery Rill (T)
Skims (T) Frankel
Solib (T)
Sterling Crest (T)
Stride (T)
Sweet As Pie  CL  
Tarabi 2nd g1
Tezzaray (T)
Tonitos (T)
Turnerloose (T) 3rd G2
Twilight Gleaming (T)sprinter 
Vergara (T)
Very Scary (T)
Vivacious Vanessa (T) Q 23.05
Waters Of Merom
Wild Beauty (GB) (T)1st g1
--
smartyslew

12/3/21

I'm going to try to beat Pletcher in this race with #3 Judge Davis 5-1
3-2-7-1  are my exotics.
Aqueduct - Saturday, December 4th, 2021 Race 8 :
STAKES. 1 1/8 Mile Dirt. Purse $250,000. Remsen S. (Grade 2). FOR TWO YEAR OLDS. (03:14 PM) (8)
PP Horse A/S M/E Wgt Jockey Trainer
1 Mo Donegal  91 8.5f 118 Ortiz, Jr. Irad x Pletcher Todd A.  8-5
2 Who Hoo Thats Me  99 8f sl 118 McCarthy Trevor x/ Abreu Jorge R.  6-1
3 Judge Davis  83  8f  blnk b 118 Ortiz Jose L. x/ McGaughey III Claude R.  5-1
4 Fromanothamutha 89 118 Franco Manuel / Handal Raymond  6-1
5 Midnight Chrome 84-T b 118 Saez Luis / Servis J. Tyler   30-1
6 Eloquist  89 118 Davis Dylan Reid, Jr. Robert E.  12-1
7 Zandon 88 6f 118 Rosario Joel x Brown Chad C.  5-2
8 Mr Jefferson82 120 Carmouche Kendrick Trombetta Michael J.  20-1

Wintertrian

12/4/21

One of my Classic Empires is racing at Tampa today, Old Town Road, odds are 6-1, Race 9. Stakes race. 
He's 3 for 3 (won at CDX, Keenland and Beltera with Wesley Ward but they were claiming races) I think he needs to stick to sprint races so not thinking a derby entry or anything.  Never heard of the new trainer, either. (Amador Merei Sanchez ) Doesn't look like he wins many stakes races either.   I liked the breeding w/Pioneering / Terlinga daughter of Big Red on female side, PON on sire side.  It's WIERD how some of these homebreds turn out?   Will be watching trying to figure this one out.   Tampa not a track I have ever even watched or followed so it will be fun to watch. 

smartyslew

12/4/21

Nice find  Winter . He has 2 Rasmussen Factors one with Terlinga on the Dam side as 

you mentioned  with Pioneering  and the Sire side  with Storm Cat , those 2 are Half brothers

The Other one is Princequillo's  Daughter with the X factor Quillesian 4m, in the 5th generation

of The Tff 4m  of Old Town Road and his Sire's tail female family Classic Empire 4m .

Makes you wonder if he landed on his feet the day he was born.

smartyslew

12/4/21

They are working and racing him as a sprinter ,today 4th straight sprint ,this one 6f.

He has early speed with a elite Classic pedigree. Keep an eye and look to see

if they stretch him out as a 3 yr old.

Wintertrian

12/5/21

Thank you. 

McPeek won with a first time starter today at OP  (MSWt), at 8F, Dash Attack  who is still a 2 year old.  (see my next note about 2 year old races at OP this year........hasn't happened since 1973.) 

16% Sire wins with 1st time Starters / Dam has 2 winners from 2 starters (now 3 from 3 starters) 
Hard Spun BMS

McPeek sure has a wealth of 2 year olds he is winning with! 

Wintertrian

12/5/21

P.S.  I'm sure ya noticed I said 2 year old.  Two year olds have not raced at Oaklawn since 1973!!

For the month of December, some trainers will start some 2 year old horses, each potential candidates for the KY Derby qualification.   They already had one which was the Advent Stakes on opening day.  Here are the results:
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/stakes-result/255353/advent-stakes-kavod

(I wouldn't get excited about him being around for the TC race, since this little guy has already race 9 times (Futurity Stakes,Champagne Stakes, With Anticipation Stakes, Sanford Stakes and Tremont Stakes and some non stakes races). He's actually a claimer that Chris Hartman got after his last race, which he did win.  But that's a lot of racing for such a youngster!)     But maybe he's an Iron Horse.  Who knows. This was only 6F.  There was also a Gun Runner colt in this race who ran 4th.  

The schedule of the other prep races will also change.    There used to be only 3 weeks between the AR Derby and the KY Derby.   Now it's 5 weeks.  Much better!  (used to be OPs 4 KY Derby qualifiers came in the 3rd weeks of Jan and Feb and then near the middle of March and April.    Now, they were moved for this season to Jan 1, Jan 29, Feb 26 and April 2nd).  (Smarty Jones, Southwest, Rebel and Arkansas Derby).   Running in the AR Derby now gives horses more rest time if they are going in the Ky Derby.   

OP is trying to keep with more modern times so are trying out this newer schedule.  Of course, there are many trainers who LIKED the 3 weeks between better.   I guess we'll see, but I think this will actually attract more horses to the REBEL Stakes and the ARKANSAS Derby? 

smartyslew

12/6/21

I like it. This change is good imo. More 2 and 3 's at Oaklawn can't hurt.

RAESFAN

12/10/21

Pletcher used to have the cream of the MTR crop in the early part of his stud career. I hadn't seen him with any in a while. I noticed he has a first time starter tomorrow at Gulfstream. Emmanuel, a $350K yearling purchase out of a Hard Spun mare, is scheduled to go a mile on the dirt in his debut. Tough distance to start out. Pedigree - {4-m} DP = 5-3-14-0-0 (22) DI = 2.14   CD = 0.59

Emmanuel was my mom's maiden name, so I would love nothing better than for him to turn out to be a good one. He has been working pretty well at Palm Beach.

• Edited December 10, 2021 9:23 pm  by  RAESFAN
smartyslew

12/11/21

Its almost race time ! Good luck