Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Joker Boy   Triple Crown

Started Sep-4 by princeofdoc; 797 views.
smartyslew

Sep-5

You should have him  huddle with his trainer, I'm no expert, but I would go with Art Sherman's 

Cal Bred plan for California Chrome once he made it, he stuck to it, I liked his plan to Have

at least one prep at Los Alamitas long stretch and try to put some works in there

ideal for 10f preps for CD according to Art Sherman.  Where's he stabled at ?

If I owned a horse I would talk to my trainer to see if that plan would work for this horse

If not so be it, I think it's worth a shot if I owned the Horse. That BMS Dixieland Band

has a couple Derby Winners in That position. With Ran Sire lines.

• Edited September 5, 2021 7:15 pm  by  smartyslew
princeofdoc

Sep-5

Stabled at Del Mar.....I told him the exact same thing today that you recommended.  Follow Chrome's schedule, no need to hook up with Baffert monsters.  Run in the Golden State Juv at 7f. next at DM on BC Friday.  Then King Glorious at 1m at Los Al in Dec.  Then decide what makes sense.  The whole team is excited!  But his over-optimistic partner wants to run in the Am. Pharoah as win-and-you're-in, as prep for BC Juv.  I strongly recommended against.

Plus2lbs

Sep-5

Plenty of time to make a decision..im sure.

But I hope they take your advise..

Btw..did you did see Corniche down the lane...

What did you see?

princeofdoc

Sep-5

I saw 2 monsters this weekend at DM.....Corniche, and Flightline

Plus2lbs

Sep-5

I watched the Corniche replay..

At 2:50in the video..he is the fastest horse I ever saw...

In Slo Mo.. He flies across the screen.

All smiles..giddyupp

If was my runner...he would be on the turf..

• Edited September 5, 2021 11:20 pm  by  Plus2lbs
princeofdoc

Sep-27

Well, they've decided to enter him in the American Pharoah this Friday at Santa Anita.....he's worked out great, and the conservative trainer believes he has a shot.  There are 17 nominated, nearly 1/2 are from Baffert's barn.  There's a Mandella colt also nominated that I really like, Forbidden Kingdom.

My friend thinks there may only be 7 that actually enter, and if he draws well, they want to see what he can do.  If the experiment fails, they can train up to the remaining Cal-bred races at Los Al, but this way, they can find out if they have a colt that can compete in the BC....they don't have a large bankroll, so they can never get one of those high-priced Baffert colts.

The main argument he put forth is an interesting one....Joker Boy has won both his races at Del Mar, the BC is at Del Mar, and that gives him an advantage.  Add to that there are no travel costs/complications, and it does make sense to take a shot!

What do you think?

smartyslew

Sep-27

Sounds Good to me . Has he ran further than 6F ?

princeofdoc

Sep-28

Not as an official workout, but has certainly continued past the recorded 6f and showed the interest and stamina to keep going.....I'm a little hesitant about this trainer, as he has little experience with champion 2 yr. olds.