Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Security Certification" issue   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Sep-18 by Dana P. Jacobson (DPJ); 343 views.

A user in our forum has posted the following query, to which I haven't a clue as
to how to respond.  I did ask if he could provide a screen capture of the messages
received, as well as asking what platform and browser he's using when this occurs.
Thanks.  Here's the question:

Why am I getting a pop-up on this website which states "The name on the security certification is invalid or does not match the name of the site".  It is followed by four possibilities with one checked which states "The identity of this web site or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified".  It takes a half dozen deletes to get rid of it for a few seconds and then pops up again for about five cycles and then quits.  It also delays the typing of messages by jamming the keystrokes sporadically.  It has been happening regularly for the past two weeks. I had this problem on one other website one time, but not on any other websites.

gunter

Sep-18

Usually when there is a problem with security certification we get manyreports, but haven't seen others so far.  Suggest logging in from our front page 
http://www.delphiforums.com
using the login button at the top to see if that results in the same problem.

Details of which page results in the error message, screenshot and the browser being used may help.

Give the poster the address here for more input:
https://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts/messages?msg=28077.1

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thanks Gunter, I'll pass that info along and see what he says about page, browser, etc.

EpicTale

Sep-19

I started having the same problem late last week, and there were times I couldn't get through reading a page worth of posts without clicking 'No' almost every time I blinked. 

My guess is, it's an ad on the page (I only have basic membership), and if it happens to be on the page more than once, the pop ups are almost never ending.  Process of elimination was easy when there were only 2 or 3 ads on a page when it happened, so I could see which ads were present the next time around.  Attached are screen pics of the issue.  My guess as to why it keeps popping up the security certificate, is because the ad keeps refreshing itself (or something) and starts clocking before displaying its image again.  This particular ad does seem to occur more when I first get into Delphi versus later on in my session.

I've been using IE in a private window, but not sure that part makes a difference or not.  I did try getting into Delphi using Firefox in a private window, and while the space for an ad is there, it seems as though the ads don't display, but I only got in this way briefly. 

If you want the screen pics sent as a file, screen pics of the certificate info or a .cer file (DER encoded binary x.509) with the info contained would help, send me a message via email and I'll get them to you (or whomever would like to delve into this).  Although not sure if there is any way for you guys to control the ad from within Delphi.

Security certificate issue pop up:

Most likely the offending ad:

Ad is trying to refresh itself (?):

gunter

Sep-19

thanks much ...

Can non-hosts post?  I had one user fo;;ow that link back here but he said that the Reply button was
greyed-out.  I just noticed the same thing but I was able to reply.

gunter

Sep-20

All members can post here since anyone can open a forum in no time. Did he try pressing though it looks greyed out?

In reply toRe: msg 7
gunter said:

Did he try pressing though it looks greyed out?

That I don't know, but I told him to attempt that.   He's going on holiday, so he'll try it upon his return.