Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is my hot thread?   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Sep-26 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 543 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Sep-26

I've highlighted two threads so far, as they have good traffic.

Where does my promoted discussion appear?

It is not in the side panel slide show and not featured on the Delphi Home Page.

So if I can't find it - and I featured it - how do new members find it?

Cheers,

Jenifer

Cstar1
Staff

Sep-26

Hi -

I wish it were that easy to feature a message, but it's a little more complicated than that. Flagging a message with the Featured Message indicator allows you to use Active Content on an off-Delphi website. 

More information is available here: http://www.delphiforums.com/support/ac.htm

If you want to run a promo on Delphi, rather than Active Content, you'll use the forum promotion system. Look in your controls under Forum Promotion. 

Please do ask if you have more questions.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Isn't her forum Zeta? Can we use the Featured post thingy in Zeta? I mean with out hoops and tricks?

@Zarknorph in case you meant you'd promoted them here is a list of all current promos, they are featured in many places on Delphi in turn. 

Current Promos Listing

I see one of yours on there.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Sep-27

Found it!

It's WAY down the list and other forums are talking about the same thing above me.

Yep, I have Zeta.  I was hoping it would scroll by on the right.

Cheers,

Jenifer

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Sep-27

Hey CStar,

How do I get my discussion to float by in Zeta on the right side of the screen?

Do I have to have a premium membership?

Cheers,

Jenifer

Click on Controls and under the Customization and Design heading click on Sidebar Widgets. Check the circle thingy beside Show Promos as News.

You can play around with the other widgets - the only one that is not enabled (yet...?) is the "Around Delphi Promotions" one. It shows even if you check Hide.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Sep-27

Checked it, thanks.  Now just waiting for it to float by...

Cheers,

Jenifer

Cstar1
Staff

Sep-27

I LOVE Bugs! (Kidmagnet) said:

Can we use the Featured post thingy in Zeta? I mean with out hoops and tricks?

I know you can flag a message to feature it. I assume it works, but I don't have a webpage with featured messages set up. The other active content items do work on Zeta forums without doing anything special. 

First off - I really LOVE the subject title you chose to use for this discussion... lol and secondly your P
promo should of shown right away.

Your Promos will always show (on your forum) at the top. You should write more! You can run up to 5 at one time. They must sound unique, lead to different (open/active) discussions and you can choose to run them up to ten days each.

Around Delphi is a selection of all promotions submitted to Delphi. How it works on Zeta forums is... when you enter the forum ten random promos load into a carousal and these ten promos will rotate over and over while you are viewing the forum. You will not be served up ten new promos until you refresh your view. That's why you likely saw the same promos over and over. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Sep-28

Thanks, Kid.  You're the greatest.

I wanted to use that feature because I have clicked on links that float by and found new forums that way.  It's a great feature.

Cheers,

Jenifer