Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delphi Dumps   Chat

Started Jan-17 by Kakes2; 3713 views.
Cstar1
Staff

Mar-4

It's been investigated, and so far, engineering can't find anything. Additional monitoring code has been put into place, but if you can continue to provide exact times of room dumps, that would be helpful. 

Is it just one or two people inexplicably leaving the room, or does everyone in the room get dumped?

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-4

I have a big Oscar chat tonight.  I will tell the moderators to write down times and conditions if it happens there.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Mar-4

it varies Cstar... many times it is at least 3 people being removed at the same time all of them returned to chat as quickly as they could... a few times it has been just myself... Sometimes I could get right back in however when it said I was going to be reconnected that never happened to me nor anyone else... all of us had to get back into the chat room our own selves... we all use Firefox for the most part but a few use Google Chrome.. I will write down the times but I sure hope no one is dumped now...

Thanks so much for your help!

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Mar-10

Chat room dump time 6:38 or close to that time took me a few minutes to get here...

Sassy

Cstar1
Staff

Mar-13

Sassy, engineering checked this last instance, and they're not seeing any problem with the chat server at that time. They show you connected until about 20 minutes after the above time, when you disconnected from the chat server.

Since they can't see what you're seeing, you didn't say how many other people might have also lost their connections at the same time, and since there doesn't appear to be a server problem, it's been brought up as a possibility that your browser becomes unresponsive while you're in chat. 

Can you please try clearing your browser's cache, and completely rebooting your machine before you try to get into chat the next time? See if that improves your chat experience?

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Mar-13

will do... that time no one was dumped but me, as I found out after I had posted to you about getting dumped... Are there issues with using FireFox? That's the browser I use...thanks for everything that you do Cstar

Sassy

Cstar1
Staff

Mar-14

No issues in particular. But give it a try, and let us know what happens.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Mar-25

Member dumped from chat at 8:53 Eastern

( Nanbutterfly: I was kicked out )

Thanks so much

Sassy

Cstar1
Staff

Mar-26

One member losing their connection isn't something we can do much about. We can investigate when multiple people lose their connection to the chat room at the same time. 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Mar-26

I will let them know Cstar... There where other people dropped  that evening but the timing was varied this time  around, but I have told the members that they need to tell me when they see the same error message as was seen by everyone the last time this happened with the Chat. Perhaps that wasn't such a good idea???

Thanks again... as always YOUR the best! So sorry for bothering you..

Sassy