Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

swedish letters Å Ä Ö   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Feb-5 by thebaron (albinahlvin); 1932 views.

I went to my test forum, copied those letters (Åå, Ää, Öö) into a Start Page upgrade and I get the same thing, even using source...so it's not you. It's my understanding that the front-page (Start Page) is handled separately than the rest of DelphiForums when upgraded using the Classic format. Another server, another format...not exactly sure.

Here's what I did: I went into My Preferences, unticked View All Forums in Classic, changed my test forum to Zeta View, went into Controls and typed in the 6 Swedish letters Åå, Ää, Öö and Updated the page.

On the Zeta Start Page (Welcome Page) they now show up as Åå, Ää, Öö. I went back to My Preferences, ticked View All Forums as Classic, went back to my test forum and changed that forum back to Classic and the letters now show up on the Start Page as Åå, Ää, Öö.

Try that...see if it works for you. Not sure if every browser will do this...I'm using Firefox.

[edited for speling]

MUCH appreciated….thank's……
BUT, since i'm in sweden, an' time is 21:30, soon have to hit the hay coz work's begin 04:30….
have to look into this later in week….
for sure gonna let ya know as soon as i tried…..
again thank's...

It should work for you, too. As an addendum here...anytime you modify that page you'll have to use the Zeta format or anything you've previously done will revert back to ASCII.

Good luck.

hi there….
followed your instructions…..negative result….
didn't work….

when i press "controls"….then "forum customization"
the startpage show up correct…..BUT when i then press startpage on forum
it's all wrong again….
i'll add a couple of screenshots….so ya get a hint of how it looks….

when i add the following in the header if the code:
<html lang="sv">
?an' then update, it shows…..but when i go back to "source" a second later, the (<html lang="sv">) is gone again...

?if you want, i can send the source….so you can see if there's something wrong there….
?(if you have time to look at it i can send it thru email….if you ain't want me to post it here)

thebaronusa@gmail.com

thank's in advance

//albin

Not sure why this isn't working for you. Here's a cropped screenshot of part of my Start Page in my test forum. I did exactly the same thing I did when I tested this...only the first time I used the Classic view...then I updated it again using the Zeta view. I get two different results...as you can see. Maybe someone else reading this has some other wizardry method that can help you.

i have a Mac…..Safari…..High Sierra….
might be different than Firefox…..
well….let's see if there's another guru out there…..(fingers crossed)

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

I think you are typing it in and Bountyman is copying and pasting. Type it on which ever editor is NOT changing your characters, then copy and paste as Bountyman described previously. Or is that what you did?

in the source it's written with the å ä ö letters…..
shall i cope the code into a documet an' re-write it…..or….(don't get it)
coz i guess i MUST write it in the code or ???

as shown in my latest post i added how it looks….
in the "control-page" it look's PERFECT,
but when i after that look at the startpage on forum it look's "funny"

//albin

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

The Zookeeper™ (B0UNTYMAN) said:

and typed in the 6 Swedish letters Åå, Ää, Öö

Did you type or paste?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-10

Can you paste the source here please,